Fordmods Logo

Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 7

Joined: 8th Sep 2007

Ride: Maxda RX4

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hi guys found this forum hunting for a part.... plenty of good reading..

I need some help, I need to get a 6 rib serpentine pulley made, It is for my 347 windsor, I am putting a procharger on it, procharger supplied me a pulley but it is the one that uses the back of the belt and that would mean water pump change and way to many problems, so I need to get one made identical to the black one but with the 6 ribs on it.

I ordered one from the US that i was told would fit but it is 1/2 to short. "see picture"

If anyone knows where I could get a pulley machined up I would be most thankfull..

Cheers
Wayne

Image

Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:28 am 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I know someone...he's in Perth but that shouldn't matter. He makes lots of pulleys and anything else for that matter. He's always very busy but PM me if interested.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

Don't want to say the obvious, but the phonebook is a handy tool IF you live in or around an area that has engineering businesses around. I would ring around first and if all else fails flick thru some old street fords or street machine there would have to be a business that does this kind of stuff. Or contact raptor chargers maybe they have a generic off the shelve item that would suit or help you out until a correct one is sourced

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 7

Joined: 8th Sep 2007

Ride: Maxda RX4

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Don't want to say the obvious, but the phonebook is a handy tool IF you live in or around an area that has engineering businesses around. I would ring around first and if all else fails flick thru some old street fords or street machine there would have to be a business that does this kind of stuff. Or contact raptor chargers maybe they have a generic off the shelve item that would suit or help you out until a correct one is sourced



Well thanks, sort of... but its 2009, do they still make phone books :P google maybe

Rather than spend all day trying to explain to someone over the phone what i need, Id rather post it on the forums, This is what forums are for, asking questions like this and finding someone who can do the job, getting feedback from others who have used businesses for the same purpose..

Thanks for your post anyway... :roll:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

SLY RX4 wrote:
Froudey wrote:
Don't want to say the obvious, but the phonebook is a handy tool IF you live in or around an area that has engineering businesses around. I would ring around first and if all else fails flick thru some old street fords or street machine there would have to be a business that does this kind of stuff. Or contact raptor chargers maybe they have a generic off the shelve item that would suit or help you out until a correct one is sourced



Well thanks, sort of... but its 2009, do they still make phone books :P google maybe

Rather than spend all day trying to explain to someone over the phone what i need, Id rather post it on the forums, This is what forums are for, asking questions like this and finding someone who can do the job, getting feedback from others who have used businesses for the same purpose..

Thanks for your post anyway... :roll:


Ahhhhh Google...... Yeah I see what your saying. How far abroad state wise would you go? There is a company in Dubbo that does pulleys and such (more truck associated company) I have a business card at home I will see if i can dig it up.

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Need to get a Windsor 6 rib water pump pulley made
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 7

Joined: 8th Sep 2007

Ride: Maxda RX4

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
SLY RX4 wrote:
Froudey wrote:
Don't want to say the obvious, but the phonebook is a handy tool IF you live in or around an area that has engineering businesses around. I would ring around first and if all else fails flick thru some old street fords or street machine there would have to be a business that does this kind of stuff. Or contact raptor chargers maybe they have a generic off the shelve item that would suit or help you out until a correct one is sourced



Well thanks, sort of... but its 2009, do they still make phone books :P google maybe

Rather than spend all day trying to explain to someone over the phone what i need, Id rather post it on the forums, This is what forums are for, asking questions like this and finding someone who can do the job, getting feedback from others who have used businesses for the same purpose..

Thanks for your post anyway... :roll:


Ahhhhh Google...... Yeah I see what your saying. How far abroad state wise would you go? There is a company in Dubbo that does pulleys and such (more truck associated company) I have a business card at home I will see if i can dig it up.



Ahh thats better, thanks

Not really fussed where the company is, as long as they can do the job id be happy to pay freight to and from anywhere, I purchased the alloy one in the pic from Summit in the US last week and it doesn't fit so that was a couple of hundered down the gurgler although I could maybe sell it later.

Id like to get it machined out of alloy if possible, so a company that has done this sort of work b4 would be great

Thanks for you help

Cheers
Wayne
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names