NF V8 auto oil question?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: NF V8 auto oil question??
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1996 NF ford fairlane v8

VIC, Australia

Hi guys
I have spent the last week replacen my 302 due to some issues. stuppid me didnt disconect the tourqe converter and ended up with a river of trans fluid on my garage floor....... mega ooppss.

anyway have just done a fliter change and drain on the auto but im a little confused on how much fluid i need?
im sure the castrol book said 4ltrs and so i bought 4 ltrs of tq95 but readin my manual it said 10ltrs?
can someone please clear this up for me.

oh and how the hell do i check how full it is when there is no dip stick?

thanks guys most appreceated

Post subject: Re: NF V8 auto oil question??
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

i think 4litres is for the gearbox pan and 10 if you drain the torque convertor aswell. wich seems like you have. and dont worry plenty of people do this too no biggie.
its a bit of a fudge around filling to top but there is a filler plug on the side of the box on the drivers side i think.
when you have the box in, and have the car jacked up and level. get a hose to pour the fluid into this hole until its full and staarts overflowing. this will indicate its full. so chuk the plug back in and off ya go.

not totally sure about the torque convertor. migh have to fill it up, start car so it pumps into ur convertor then re-fill. somone might know for sure.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Post subject: Re: NF V8 auto oil question??
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1996 NF ford fairlane v8

VIC, Australia

Benny D wrote:
i think 4litres is for the gearbox pan and 10 if you drain the torque convertor aswell. wich seems like you have. and dont worry plenty of people do this too no biggie.
its a bit of a fudge around filling to top but there is a filler plug on the side of the box on the drivers side i think.
when you have the box in, and have the car jacked up and level. get a hose to pour the fluid into this hole until its full and staarts overflowing. this will indicate its full. so chuk the plug back in and off ya go.

not totally sure about the torque convertor. migh have to fill it up, start car so it pumps into ur convertor then re-fill. somone might know for sure.

thanks heaps benny

yea im really stuck as i have already fitted the auto...... crap!
man this is going to cost a fortune! $35 for 4ltrs im scared to think how much 10ltrs will be.
so sick of spending money on this dam fairlane! i could have bought 2 by now?

found the filler

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]