Fordmods Logo

NFghia's supercharged 347 project 

Page 4 of 14 [ 205 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

that fairlane is going to be a weapon, cant wait to see you start to bodywork and see the motor together

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

NF certainly nice collection of parts and will be awsome to see finished

Nice work , just curious where u obvtained the APracing calipers and DBA rotors and hub kit from and what sort of $$$$$

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:

Nice work , just curious where u obvtained the APracing calipers and DBA rotors and hub kit from and what sort of $$$$$

cheers

As posted above
from cebco brakes in oakliegh at the price of 4k!

they do an el gt setup also for about 2.5k

Nicko

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:

cheers

As posted above

oops sorry blinkers on today

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
Neo_nick wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:

cheers

As posted above

oops sorry blinkers on today

I think I might have to edit that photo and insert the price and website. :lol: :lol:

But time to add a bit more:

Got a few very nice parcels in the post this week, the heads and other bits I ordered about 2mths ago.

Here's the heads, a big 'Waynes World' shaaaawing!!!!

Now after 'EBXR8380's comment on CAT products I was thinking have I got a pile of s**t here :oops: but after looking the parts over thoroughly they seem to be every bit they say on the website.
So I have to ask is that from experience or word of mouth???

Here's a close up of a pair,

Now you can't tell a lot from a photo but now I have them in my sticky mitts they (above all else) FEEL quality, the bearings are smooth as, they come with a sheet stating T3511 extruded alumin, and there's nothing thats says China anywhere only C.A.T. California.

It might be that they're made in China but there are two types of product that come out of China,
Chinese companies making knockoffs,
and Foreign companys setting up shop over there and training cheap labour to do the job properly.

And on another note about quality, the AFR heads are obviously CNC ported but have a look here:

I think I'm gonna have to get in there with the die grinder and give those a bit of a polish up. :twisted:

With the garage up I just have to put up some shelves and stuff, and above all else get all my tools out of the boxes they've been sitting in for the last few months. At the moment it takes me twice as long to find the tools I need than it takes to do the job :roll:

So I should be able to make a start on the new motor in a few weeks at least, and I guess it's time to start looking for something to get around in while the Lane's off the road..

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The C clips will fall out and end up in your sump...
The pin that holds the rocker also breaks ...
YES from experiance.. Get Yella Terra,Crane, Comp cams, Harland Sharp which they are copies .. Check that they have roller bearings or just solid steel ???
Mine stuffed up with a little SVT E303 cam...
Quality rockers have bearings on there rotating parts..
If they have bearings in them, then they are fine...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Last edited by EBXR8380 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

thats some nice bits and pieces you have there shore wish we were a bit closer to each other so we could have a run when both our cars are finnished natrially asperated 409clevo with a shot of gas wooHoo!!!! im about 2 months off first start up would be only a few days if i didnt have to work

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

is it done yet?
i demand an update

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EB Fairmont V8

QLD, Australia

Just want to say NFGhia that this is a very inspiring thread and you have plenty of goodies there!!

Almost justifies me spending the $30+k on the monty :twisted:

Keep it up mate, and when you get a chance post up some more progress pics 8-)

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

Good luck with the project mate! its starting to look bloody awesome! those are sweet brakes and would definatly put a set on ma EF if i still had it! About the 'cheap chinese made parts' i guess theres only one way to find out the truth and thats to give em a go! also post up some pics when u have given the head a polish up!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Well I'm sorry to say that there hasn't been a great deal of progress on the car :oops:
About the most thats happened there is that I'm up and running MSII in fuel only mode at the moment while I tweak the fuel map.
Here's a pic of a recent datalog:

It's running pretty good at the moment and just need to sort out the TPSacc enrichment to even out a bit of a flat spot and it even remote starts in the morning without a prob. :D

The main thing holding me up at the moment is the garage, while it only took a week or so to put the thing up it's taken me the last 2mths of weekends to sort out all the s**t I've accumulated over the last 20yrs :x
And to make shelves and benches, etc.
As you can see in the pic it's still a bit of a war zone:

I would have had that sorted before now but haven't been able to get any time off work (At least thats payed off as I got a 7.5% rise :D :D )
And as you can see here:
At least I've got the new donk on the stand ready to start operations :twisted: and that will be soon (hopefully :lol: ).

And on the CAT rockers they should be right as the spec sheet states roller bearings in the front and needle bearings in the fulcrum.
I'm no fan of any circlips inside motors on any component, so along with the gudgeon pin clips I've replaced the rocker clips with spiral clips.
I think that should stop any chance of little metal bits floating around inside. :evil:

Ahh so much to do so little time!!! But I'm getting there. :roll:

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Take your time.. so long as we get pictures along the way :D

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

The excitement and tension is building!

Cant Wait to see this thing done!

Nicko

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

3 pages of reading to catch up ,i prolly missed the part about the manifold to go under the m112 ,the reason of interest was i considered one of these for a project involving a 220kw au2 donk ,but could get no-one to cough up any advice regarding a manifold to suit this application .so was it something you fabricated from another manifold or is it off the shelf shopping ?i would like to keep the thing injected obviously !

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

darkerside wrote:
3 pages of reading to catch up ,i prolly missed the part about the manifold to go under the m112 ,the reason of interest was i considered one of these for a project involving a 220kw au2 donk ,but could get no-one to cough up any advice regarding a manifold to suit this application .so was it something you fabricated from another manifold or is it off the shelf shopping ?i would like to keep the thing injected obviously !

Well I started this project as something to give myself a bit of a challenge :roll: so I'm gonna have to fabricate an inlet and all the other plumbing I'll need.. With the width of the M112 there's sweet bugger all room for injectors at the ports, I'm going straight gas so no need for injectors but I have been thinking of keeping a petrol option with a fuel cell in the back somewhere and using a pair or more of throttle-body injectors mounted to the intake side of the M112 :?: :?:

In the meantime tho I finally made a bit of a start on the engine, Mostly with it's de-construction and of course like most other 10+yr old windsors those bastard water pump bolts were siezed in good and proper:

ImageImage

The first one came out with a bit of coaxing with the oxy torch, but the other bolt had become ONE with the block and ended up shearing off at the block face :evil: so I had to do it the hard way and drill and tap the sucker.

And the first mod is almost complete :shock: The conversion of a dizzy into an oil pump. As you can see it got stripped down, cut in half and machined out..

Here's a little collage of pics:

Still a bit of finishing up on that of course, next step is to pop the scat crank and rods into the block and see where I need to grind out a bit off the bottom of the piston jackets to get enough clearance.

So I finally managed to make a start.. :lol: And after having a look at the sump that was on that engine, I think I might make up a new one myself out of Alu. while I'm at it.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 14  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next