Fordmods Logo

Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1700

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

Right Folks, no one seemed to answer this the last time i asked SO, could someone with an AU V8 wander out to their garage/street and poke a multimeter into the IAT plug wires and tell me which side is + which is - would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
Right Folks, no one seemed to answer this the last time i asked SO, could someone with an AU V8 wander out to their garage/street and poke a multimeter into the IAT plug wires and tell me which side is + which is - would be greatly appreciated. Cheers


In theory A v8 prior to series two AU should be able to help you also.

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1700

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

Froudey wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:
Right Folks, no one seemed to answer this the last time i asked SO, could someone with an AU V8 wander out to their garage/street and poke a multimeter into the IAT plug wires and tell me which side is + which is - would be greatly appreciated. Cheers


In theory A v8 prior to series two AU should be able to help you also.


Why's that? It needs to be AU as i am using an AU sensor and grafting its plug into my DC loom. Had to make a retro fit plug to plug into the AU IAT

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 161

Joined: 6th May 2007

Ride: AU S2 XR8

Location: perth
WA, Australia

hey mate im going up the shed today so i'll try figure it out for ya and post up later.

 

_________________

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 161

Joined: 6th May 2007

Ride: AU S2 XR8

Location: perth
WA, Australia

the wires looked blue/white stripe, black/white stripe. and the blue one is positive.

 

_________________

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1700

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

3x-puursui7 wrote:
the wires looked blue/white stripe, black/white stripe. and the blue one is positive.


Cheers for the help mate, much appreciated. What side was it positive though? With the clip at the top. say you are looking at it face on, there is the clip bit at the top, what side is positive? I had to make up a make shift plug to plug into mine, so wire colours don't mean much for me.

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ok, who has an AU V8? Raise your hand
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 161

Joined: 6th May 2007

Ride: AU S2 XR8

Location: perth
WA, Australia

looking at the back of the plug with the locking tab at the top the positive is on the right. hope that helps.

 

_________________

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names