optimax 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: optimax
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

since its being avalible again after the dry up i have only used it twice and on both occasions I have only got about 200km on half a tank city driving where as with ultimate 260km-280km even with BP's 95RON I can still get 240km same as with vortex the optimax evaporates the same as 91RON fuel and not much bang for ya buck where as caltex & BP have the more bang for ya buk fuel as you do notice the power diffrence on take off

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

"Ultimate 98, the only way to drive."

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Post subject: I always try
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

I always try to get 98RON petrol but not every servo has it as some still sell lead free super but when its phased out then bowsers will have 98RON in place of the super

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

i've tryed BP's PULP, and my Normal Mobil PULP and i find i get more Km's to Mobil and i do BP and it seems to have a bit more go too...., but it could be different with the V8's maybe..., alot of people say the BP is better but i think maybe the I6 responds better to BP and the V8's go better with Mobil?, i don't know but thats what i've felt and seen in my car.

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

same goes here ive found the ultimate awsome but havnt found any improvment with optimax over normall pulp even though they claim its 98ron

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:06 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I have tried only the Vortex and the Ultimate, on full tanks and I get more out of the ultimate thans the Caltex fuel. next i will be getting optimax and seeing the kilometres i can do. But at the moment for me anyway the BP is the go

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Here is a thought for all of you, my father has a friend that does fuel delivery's for a "major" fuel company, when they have reached the final destination with ULP and still have ULP left in their tanker, where do you thinks it goes sometimes, you don't think they would return all the way back to base with it do you.

This is one of the reasons I think for fuel performance changes from one fuel up to the next, I used to get two different results from Bogas every week of fuelling up, one week the V8 flew with no pinging, next week it was running like a dog and pinging its head off until I filled up again, this was with Bogas LRP from mainly the same Bogas petrol station.

I mainly bought Bogas LRP because when it ran good it was a huge performance increase, other brands were more consistent and I had problems with pinging, reducing timing only made it run like a dog at any RPM.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:44 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

WA, Australia

i used to be employed by one of teh biggest station's in WA, and ive seen the same thing, drivers delivering premium or unleaded, fill the diptanks and put the rest in the "performance" one,,,,, its a recognised practice and on our chem sheets it didnt lower the rating down noticably,,,, apparently, i still never filled up towards the end of the "performance" tank, always wait for a new truck,, fresh fuel.

if you have a local serv you go to, ask em what night the "performance fuel" gets delivered, and fill up that night,, or the next morning.
makes a big diff.

i miss you scotty, u goddamn goose!

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Damage wrote:
Here is a thought for all of you, my father has a friend that does fuel delivery's for a "major" fuel company, when they have reached the final destination with ULP and still have ULP left in their tanker, where do you thinks it goes sometimes, you don't think they would return all the way back to base with it do you.

This is one of the reasons I think for fuel performance changes from one fuel up to the next, I used to get two different results from Bogas every week of fuelling up, one week the V8 flew with no pinging, next week it was running like a dog and pinging its head off until I filled up again, this was with Bogas LRP from mainly the same Bogas petrol station.

I mainly bought Bogas LRP because when it ran good it was a huge performance increase, other brands were more consistent and I had problems with pinging, reducing timing only made it run like a dog at any RPM.

Hehehe, and i always thought companies like Shell and BP were the model corporate citizen....

But seriously - that's a damned-good point you guys made. Next time i get a suspect batch of fuel i'm gonna throw the hippie at my local BP against the wall and ask him what the story is :wink: But as sketch hints at, you'd have to put a fair bit in to dilute the 98RON.... wouldnt you?

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Even a tiny amount like 5000 litres, mixed into 30,000 litres of "performance fuel" not only dilutes it slighty, it contaminates it due to the cheap fuel not undergoing the same filtering process, its not a good thing, obviously.

lol, dont kill the console hippy, ask to talk to the manager,, they generally condone it, cause your average joe wont be able to tell the diference between a pure 98ron filtered fuel and a conglomeration of the two.
so the store manager gets teh most advantage, cause theyre buying "performance fuel" at the price of regular unleaded and selling with a huge markup... who cares if its not what they say it is..... right?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
But as sketch hints at, you'd have to put a fair bit in to dilute the 98RON.... wouldnt you?

But if your engine runs on the edge of needing that octane rating you will notice it, but I never tried 98PULP as it wasn't available when my V8 was running, I did try standard PULP and it gave similar results to LRP at the time, which was never as good a fuel as pre January 1994 Leaded.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

I put ultimate in the XY for the first time the other day as it was pinging its head off on whatever else was in it (LRP/Vortex combo the owner reckons). I also added some nulon octane booster, just to be sure

The thing hasnt rattled once since, runs nicer and has a little more poke too I reckon.

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

i wont run anything else anymore, exepy maby aviation grade 100ron.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Au II Xr8 & Xr6

NSW, Australia

I tried using the Vortex 98 for a couple of tanks after using only Optimax. I found that the fuel economy with the Vortex to be terrible less than 300k's to a tankfull. Filled up again with Optimax and I've already done like 200k's on half a tank, driving the same place and back for work, go figure???
:D :D :D

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: F6 Typhoon, BF XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

I only ever go to BP and use ultimate 98, never ever ever ever go any where else... :wink:

Assumptions are the mother of all F**K UPS!

Simone

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next