Fordmods Logo

"Police" coming up on ECU fault finder intro? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: "Police" coming up on ECU fault finder intro?
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

GreenCar was, I think, not poking fun at you, but at other idiots who do think the Police pack ecu is an ultra cool engine enhancement. I've even seen people try and sell ex Police auto trannies for more than the "standard" item, so I'd suggest he was making a point that the Police stuff isn't a hot ticket to performance and was stating that YOU wouldn't be that stupid to claim it was loudly in front of the world.

Anyway, maybe boring old people with no sense of humour like myself should start a 25+ section as we just get sick of all the "leave your brain at home and abuse" keyboard warriors.

If anyone does actually feel like calling me these sorts of names to my face, in person, then am more than happy to oblige by providing my ears free of charge if they could be a*** coming to NZ. Until such time, anyone who wishes to just abuse and not bother reading replies properly should just shut the f**k up.

I notice quite a few people who use this site of the younger brigade have managed to tone it down a little and are generally quite helpful with their knowledge. It still doesn't mean they bother to read replies properly and get hot under the collar as soon as they read the first line and realise people aren't agreeing with them and the rest of the message is lost as "boring" or "too long" or "full o s**t bay..." Idiots.

Anyway (again) ""Police" coming up on ECU fault finder intro" actually does mean your car has been black listed by the state police and they have installed a GPS tracker into your dash next to the body electrics module. I suggest covering the car with tin foil and disconnecting the battery whilst towing it to a new location. Reconnect the battery under a bridge or other large obstacle and the tin foil will prevent the police from following you accurately.

And, just for the record ---
Everyone knows a Futura is way quicker than a GLi.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef futura

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Anyway (again) ""Police" coming up on ECU fault finder intro" actually does mean your car has been black listed by the state police and they have installed a GPS tracker into your dash next to the body electrics module. I suggest covering the car with tin foil and disconnecting the battery whilst towing it to a new location. Reconnect the battery under a bridge or other large obstacle and the tin foil will prevent the police from following you accurately.

lololol

ef futura in the process of doin her up nice and neat it will be

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

largey wrote:
Quote:

lololol

Lol AHH good ol Fiend, always love reading his posts, good source of light hearted humour.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

The Police ECU's have a higher speed limiter setting. I remember in the AU1 6cyl, std 180kmh, police 215kmh.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:27 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Well guy's I've actually looked at the maps in the police EEC's and the main difference is they have a special strategy wereby speed is limited when the MAF sniffs traces of donut.

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Well guy's I've actually looked at the maps in the police EEC's and the main difference is they have a special strategy wereby speed is limited when the MAF sniffs traces of donut.

The ugly donut on the intake tubing? :lol:

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3