Fordmods Logo

rear wheel kilowatts to fly wheel kilowatts convertor!!!!! 

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Lol. I should just close these topics whenever the question is asked...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
here you go again assuming that every BOSS290s leave the floor with exactly 290kw.. news budy they don't. production tolerences ever heard of them????

as far as bretts car, you know as well i do that dynos can be fudged to produce just about any result you want it to. you spent days leading up to it going on about power losses and asking people guess, then you come out and "well %30 is 124rwkw," supries supries what do we get 124rwkw, dynos can be made to poduce numbers, any numbers regardless of actual power

LOL , woooooooooooooooooo now thats not true

bretts car has never been on my dyno prier to the test

i made a educated guess thats all

and as far as fudging dyno figures ur wrong there

i explain to all my customers what the X factor is and what the I factor is

and i have never made a change to a dyno result by cheating

Ok i give up seems ur set in ur own ways

cheers have fun

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:

LOL no don't close this thread

its interesting to read , just remember it's a open forum

ONCE again i will put anyone body's car on my dyno as long as its standard and i know the factories horse power figures

Tickford question ?? have u ever run a BA falcon on any chassis dyno ?

if yes , what has the horse power figure been at the back wheels ?

and

if NO , can u do me a favor and phone several workshops with chassis dynos and ask what brand the dyno s are also in ur area and ask them what has there dyno figures been for the ford BA falcon that hey have run on there dyno's from there experience ??

and secondly what tolerances do u think ford is working with when they quote 290kwatts at the crankshaft ?

eg 290 plus or minus 10%

290 plus or minus 5%

290 minus 5%

290 minus 10%

290 plus 5%

290 plus 10%

cause i certainly wouldn't be a happy guy if my GT was well bellow what ford quote there horse power rating on the engine

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

didn't someone do a test between 3 or 4 gen3 commodore ss's, and the difference between the rear wheel kw from least to most was around 18kw?
so yeah, you might end up with a dud motor.

are the ba 290's hand-assembled?

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:17 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:

So we miss out on all the fun?
Shame on you!
I see arguments that make sense on both sides of the fence, so I'm confused as all hell.
So I think I'll just completely ignore driveline losses and 'at the flywheel' power figures.

'So, Jared, how much power does your car make at the engine?'
'What engine.'

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

FPV_GTp wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:

ONCE again i will put anyone body's car on my dyno as long as its standard and i know the factories horse power figures

and

if NO , can u do me a favor and phone several workshops with chassis dynos and ask what brand the dyno s are also in ur area and ask them what has there dyno figures been for the ford BA falcon that hey have run on there dyno's from there experience ??

and secondly what tolerances do u think ford is working with when they quote 290kwatts at the crankshaft ?

eg 290 plus or minus 10%

290 plus or minus 5%

290 minus 5%

290 minus 10%

290 plus 5%

290 plus 10%

cause i certainly wouldn't be a happy guy if my GT was well bellow what ford quote there horse power rating on the engine

cheers

not the tolerences i was talking about.

i mean not every single piston is exactly same size not every bore has exectly the same honing, not every intake manifold is exactly the same shape, not every manifold lines up the the ports in the same way.
not ever port is exactly the same shape.

all of this leads to not every engine having the same power.

no i can't remember numbers off the top off my head so i wont qoute them. un like you who love to say things then a few days later when you realise how stupid it was come back and make a full page excuse as to why you said it.

and no i'm not going to call my tunner tomorrow and bug him about numbers for stock cars, as both he and i have more important thing to worry about.
after all you going to stick to your % s**t and i'm going to stick my % losses are s**t. so whats it matter anyway.

i can believe how stupid you could be as to think every engine come off the line exactly the same HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH what a joke

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:

and

eg 290 plus or minus 10%

290 plus or minus 5%

290 minus 5%

290 minus 10%

290 plus 5%

290 plus 10%

cheers

not the tolerences i was talking about.

i mean not every single piston is exactly same size not every bore has exectly the same honing, not every intake manifold is exactly the same shape, not every manifold lines up the the ports in the same way.
not ever port is exactly the same shape.

all of this leads to not every engine having the same power.

no i can't remember numbers off the top off my head so i wont qoute them. un like you who love to say things then a few days later when you realise how stupid it was come back and make a full page excuse as to why you said it.

and no i'm not going to call my tunner tomorrow and bug him about numbers for stock cars, as both he and i have more important thing to worry about.
after all you going to stick to your % s**t and i'm going to stick my % losses are s**t. so whats it matter anyway.

i can believe how stupid you could be as to think every engine come off the line exactly the same HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH what a joke

hahahaha

maybe u should get ur facts right before u make acusations

and as far as the ford BA GT the motors are blueprinted to a higher standard than what u seem to know about

u make me laugh

maybe we should close this thread

and lets face it u would be shocked to learn , i have facts no fiction here

so will u get ur facts right

and to accuse me of rigging the dyno figures u way of base here in ur last posting

but then again who am i , only been in the industry as long as u have lived on this planet

what a joke

u failed to answer any of my question and its amazing all the negative in ur voice

and on this note i will not enter any debate with u nor any thread u post since it seems ur MR Correct and everyone else is wrong

cheers and have a good one mate

hahahahahahahahaha what a great laugh this has been

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

has been a good luagh hasn't it...

but every you just said about me is equaly stuited to you my friend

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Oh! :lol:

the more the power the engine produce, the lesser the % lost. power to weight ratio has changed compared to factory specs.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

Tickford again u said im assuming the kwatts of a ba_gt i'm merely quoting from a known figure which i would have to say ford is a reputable company and wouldn't over quote nor under quote there horse power figures. so in this case we have a baseline to work with and make a calculation of some sort

The GTHO-3 had a power output of 300hp claimed ford, and the EB/L GTs had a claimed 200kw (246hp)
so why could the HO pull a 13.7 1/4 , while the later models with 20 years more technology still barely make it under 20 sec's
Don't rely on claimed figures too much as ford did tell some s**t in both cases
the HO actually had 300 RWHP ,up to 306kw has been seen on original engines without mods

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XY = 1400 and something kilograms

BA = 1750 and something kilograms

work it out now

cheers

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Ray Hall turbocharing has heaps of convertors on his site

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:38 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont 5.0

SA, Australia

Motor Magazine ran a BA GT on C&V's Dyno Dynamics dyno, and it pulled 241rwkw.

As for working out kw figures on percentages, someone else pointed out the percentages change depending on if you convert rwkw to fwkw or vise-versa.

Say a car has 100rwkw, add 30%, and it becomes 130fwkw.

To convert back to RwKw, you take 30% off the flywheel power figure (130kw), which means this same car now has 91rwkw....

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Aaron_EF8 wrote:
Motor Magazine ran a BA GT on C&V's Dyno Dynamics dyno, and it pulled 241rwkw.

As for working out kw figures on percentages, someone else pointed out the percentages change depending on if you convert rwkw to fwkw or vise-versa.

Say a car has 100rwkw, add 30%, and it becomes 130fwkw.

To convert back to RwKw, you take 30% off the flywheel power figure (130kw), which means this same car now has 91rwkw....

hi

not be a smart _ass like someone quoted me and rigging figures have a read of this thread http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19941

" ran a BA GT on C&V's Dyno Dynamics dyno, and it pulled 241rwkw."
this dyno figure to me ( my opinion ) seems to be to high for a stock standard BA GT that is rated at 290 flywheel kilowatts from Ford Motor Company

I havent bothered to run my BA_GTp on my dyno cause i know what the reading in rear wheel kilowatts will be and i just cruise around with mine but just for arguement sake i will this week and again i will pridict (guess the rear wheel kilowatts cause i'm assuming from the factory it has 290 flywheel kilowatts

eg.

290 fwkw times 30% = 87kwatts

290 minus 87 = 203 kwatts at the raer wheels there abouts plus or minus 5%

lets see hopw i go on this one and no i will not rig the dyno figures

"Say a car has 100rwkw, add 30%, and it becomes 130fwkw.

To convert back to RwKw, you take 30% off the flywheel power figure (130kw), which means this same car now has 91rwkw.."

interesting piont i will comment just wanna see what other people have to say and its no trick LOL

cheers

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:57 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: R32 Rb25

VIC, Australia

too much readin

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next