Scantool stuff 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Scantool stuff
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Hey, plugged my EF/EL Bitsa into a scan tool today, and this is what it came up with, Keeping in mind that my ECU and engine and ALL the wiring from the front to the back of the car is from an EL Fairmont Ghia V8. I'm running an explorer intake, AU MAF, and standard EL Throttle body. Can someone please give me some insight as to what's going on, and potentially how I can solve these problems? (XR9 Ute? Bollocks?) Particularly the 898 Undefined code I have NO idea what is out of whack with that it's not listed anywhere. I'll put some comments about some things after each code too.

Hard Codes:
113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor - I am using an intake tube off a 5 litre AU and I'm running the IAT with that, wired to the original spot where the EL one is wired.

785 Canister Purge Sensor Output - Makes sense, it's not connected

784 EGR Sensor Output Circuit - Is this due to the Explorer manifold not having EGR passages?

796 Speed Sensitive Power Steering - Got a non speed sensitive rack

778 Cooling Fan #2 - This is a weird one, seems to be working 100% fine when it's supposed to

Memory Codes:
113 Intake Air Temp Sensor
332 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor

KOER Test:
898 Undefined Code - What the HELL is this? Doesn't seem to be listed in any code book or in any Ford manual I can find anywhere - Is it for a 6 cylinder or a Mustang or something?

113 Intake Air Temp Sensor

998 Undefined code - I suspect this is to do with the IAT as well.

Gab

Post subject: Re: Scantool stuff
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

998 Engine Running Test Error - usually caused by cold engine, or you didnt blip the throttle when you should have...

898 doesnt exist, but it could have been 998 code misread?

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:52 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Yeah bollocks Gab:)

I reckon Jamie is on the money with 898/998 code.
and 998; ER test error. In ER test, one or more of the major sensors (IAT,ECT,MAF or TP) is faulty.
Run KOER to determine cause of error.
So your 113 is the problem there.

Actual Ford descriptions....
113; IAT shorted to B+ or Vref. IAT value is too high...can by caused by shorts to Vef or faulty sensor.
Are you using the AU sensor or the EL one...may have a bearing on it along with it's posi.
Check you haven't got a stray strand of wire tied from the signal wire to Vref.

784; EGR output check fail. Can be caused by open circuit or shorts to B+ or ground.
Sounds like you haven't got the EVR solenoid hooked up(and why would you if you haven't got EGR?)

332; EGR valve not working.
It certainly won't if the EGR output ain't working...see 784.

778; Electric fan2 operational fail(passenger side). Fan motor not drawing current from battery when switched on by EEC during self test.
Have you got actual EL fans?....EF are different(1 fan has a 2speed motor) on the passenger side.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Yeah bollocks Gab:)

I reckon Jamie is on the money with 898/998 code.
and 998; ER test error. In ER test, one or more of the major sensors (IAT,ECT,MAF or TP) is faulty.
Run KOER to determine cause of error.
So your 113 is the problem there.

Actual Ford descriptions....
113; IAT shorted to B+ or Vref. IAT value is too high...can by caused by shorts to Vef or faulty sensor.
Are you using the AU sensor or the EL one...may have a bearing on it along with it's posi.
Check you haven't got a stray strand of wire tied from the signal wire to Vref.

I am using the AU sensor, do I need to fit an EL one again?

784; EGR output check fail. Can be caused by open circuit or shorts to B+ or ground.
Sounds like you haven't got the EVR solenoid hooked up(and why would you if you haven't got EGR?)

What's the EVR solenoid? I've got the electrical connector on the EGR Valve still plugged in, but someone gave me some bypass thing to plug in instead, which should I run?

332; EGR valve not working.
It certainly won't if the EGR output ain't working...see 784.

778; Electric fan2 operational fail(passenger side). Fan motor not drawing current from battery when switched on by EEC during self test.
Have you got actual EL fans?....EF are different(1 fan has a 2speed motor) on the passenger side.

I am using EF fans, but they are wired to EL specs as per the tech doc on this site.

Cheers, Gab

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]