Fordmods Logo

SCT Flash tuner for AU 

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: SCT Flash tuner for AU
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA Falcon

ACT, Australia

Where would one find one of these tuners for a decent price?

I looked on ebay and they seem to be over $800?

Post subject: Re: ECT Flash tuner for AU
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:39 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

new they are around $800.
you can find used ones for around 4 -$500 but there are risks as flash tuners are generally mated to the ecu, so unless the car the tuner was connected to was returned back to its std tune a used tuner is useless and cannot be unlocked... then if its for an au but came from a ba ect ,you need to then buy a generic au tune file to match your ecu or get a custom file from a dyno tuner..

and while the flash tuners do the job, they only allow you to load a generic or custom tune, there is only a limited few things you can change yourself, so any major changes can only be done by the dyno tuner with the sct software, unfortunately the money grabbers don't allow the sct software available to general public..

so you could be up for another $3-700 for tuning.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 am 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
new they are around $800.
you can find used ones for around 4 -$500 but there are risks as flash tuners are generally mated to the ecu, so unless the car the tuner was connected to was returned back to its std tune a used tuner is useless and cannot be unlocked... then if its for an au but came from a ba ect ,you need to then buy a generic au tune file to match your ecu or get a custom file from a dyno tuner..

and while the flash tuners do the job, they only allow you to load a generic or custom tune, there is only a limited few things you can change yourself, so any major changes can only be done by the dyno tuner with the sct software, unfortunately the money grabbers don't allow the sct software available to general public..

so you could be up for another $3-700 for tuning.

Head aches :) Glad its not my car I was asking for hehe thanks. Ill tell him to pay full rip

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:47 am 

NSW, Australia

yea, but there are other options..
im running a moates quarterhorse j3 chip in my au xr8 and I can do all my own tuning,
but the initial costs are around $500 but by the time I got wideband afr gauge and tune files it ended end up around $800, main advantage is I can change what I want via my laptop and don't need to take it to a tuner every time I change something..

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
im running a moates quarterhorse j3 chip in my au xr8 and I can do all my own tuning,
but the initial costs are around $500 but by the time I got wideband afr gauge and tune files it ended end up around $800, main advantage is I can change what I want via my laptop and don't need to take it to a tuner every time I change something..

I realise this may me now off topic, but I dont suppose this is possible for the E series is it?
I cant find anyone that will seriously tune my car.. ANYWHERE.

I have been actually laughed at by some local tuners. (who will never see my business now, or in the future no matter what car I buy)

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:31 pm 

NSW, Australia

Barnfind-EA wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

I realise this may me now off topic, but I dont suppose this is possible for the E series is it?

I have been actually laughed at by some local tuners. (who will never see my business now, or in the future no matter what car I buy)

for the e series 6 you can go with the ti performance j3 chip, they can supply a tune to run your car you can also make your own changes...
they are a site sponcer t-i-performance-f94/

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Barnfind-EA wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

for the e series 6 you can go with the ti performance j3 chip, they can supply a tune to run your car you can also make your own changes...
they are a site sponcer t-i-performance-f94/

I have one, mate. Jason always provides excellent after sales service too. As soon as my cam arrives I will be getting a new chip for it, but you really cant beat a proper dyno tune.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

crescent motor will do a custom tune for you with a SCT chip

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BFII Super Pursuit

SA, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:

TROYMAN,

Where did you learn to do this? Please don't say self taught haha

It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.
-Bill Hicks

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BFII Super Pursuit

SA, Australia

Barnfind-EA wrote:

Yep, the service in this industry is S***
The advice from people in this industy is S***
The answering of calls and showing up on time/at all in this industy is S***

I don't know how some people make any money the way they treat customers. It's almost laughable.

If there wasn't Fordmods I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing. People on this forum should be proud that they offer the right advice and at no charge.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.
-Bill Hicks

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:50 pm 

NSW, Australia

Littlefoot wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

TROYMAN,

Where did you learn to do this? Please don't say self taught haha

a bit of self teaching from using aftermarket ecu in my old ed and now playing with the more complex factory ecu.
I have had help from a few friends and a few tips ive picked up on the way and the rest is trial and error..

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

come for a drive to Melbourne and ill tune it for you. haha. im also running a 1/4horse on mine, once the tune is to my standard it will be transferred to a ti chip.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:37 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

Might be a challenge with a 4.11 :)

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 pm 

NSW, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
come for a drive to Melbourne and ill tune it for you. haha. im also running a 1/4horse on mine, once the tune is to my standard it will be transferred to a ti chip.

why transfer it to a ti chip?

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

cause I use the 1/4 for tuning other cars, just easier than pulling it from my ecu all the time

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next