Joined: 10th Nov 2004
hey guys i am trying to figure out how to set the timing in my ef xr8 am just wondering is there a step by step guide or something somewhere with pics?
Joined: 7th Nov 2004
Ride: EB Fairmont Turbo
Ignition Timing (Base)
Base timing is checked and adjusted after the KOER Test has completed.
(This can take from 1 to 2 minutes)
Run Engine until Normal Operating Temperature is reached.
Ensure the air conditioner is OFF, transmission is in park or neutral and ignition is OFF.
1. Connect timing light to cylinder number one high tension lead.
2. Start engine.
3. Ground the ENG STI Pin of the Diagnostic Connector to carry out the KOER Self Test.
(The engine speed will increase during the KOER Test)
Once this test is completed, (1 to 2 minutes) the timing will drop to base timing.
4. Check ignition timing - Should be: 28° to 32° BTDC.
(There is 1 to 2 minutes to check & adjust the timing)
5. Rotate Distributor to adjust.
FORD FALCON EF 5.0L (Z Engine) 1994-96 Engine Management System
FORD FAIRLANE NF 5.0L (Z Engine) 1994-96 Engine Management System
FORD LTD DF 5.0L (Z Engine) 1994-96 Engine Management System
Go To: INDEX Go To: COMPONENT LOCATION Copyright Ó AUTO-TECH
Data Output Link
The Data Output Link provides Serial Communication between;
1. Instrument Cluster,
2. Trip Computer,
3. Air Conditioner Control Module and
4. Automatic Transmission Control Module.
Due to the nature of this signal, the information can be decoded only with a Ford NGS Scan Tool.
To Test Voltage:
See ECM Pin #43.
The Diagnostic Connector is located in the fuse box on the drivers side of the instrument panel.
ECM Relearn Procedure
If the battery has been disconnected for more than a few minutes or
If a component has been replaced, the Keep Alive Memory will lose its information.
(The main problem will be an uneven & low idle)
Take the vehicle for a road test for 4 or 5 kilometers.
Ensure that the vehicle is operated in each gear position.
The ECM should be put through the ECM Re-learn Procedure as follows:
1. Run Engine to Normal Operating Temperature.
2. With the Engine at Idle, DO NOT touch the Throttle during this period.
3. Run for 1 minute in Neutral with all Electrical Loads OFF.
4. Run for 1 minute with Air Conditioning ON.
5. Run for 1 Minute with All Electrical Loads OFF
6. Run for 1 Minute with Air Conditioning ON.
EB 2,Turbo EL Motor, Momo Wheel, Cam, Fuel preasure reg, LSD, Color coded boot garnish 17" wheels, Lowered, Shift kit, Slotted & cross Drilled Brakes, AU fuel injectors, & more to come
Joined: 10th Nov 2004
cheers mate much appreciated just just reading up on some info on KOER and the diagnostic plug just so i know im doin the right thing as i didnt even know there wasa diagnostic plug for starters haha
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests