Fordmods Logo

setting up thermoquad carbi for 302 clevo 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: setting up thermoquad carbi for 302 clevo
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

can anyone help me out i have just put a rebuilt 302 clevo into a zkfairlane motor was rebuilt for an old bloke 82yrs put into his old 78 fairlane then he rode car off so i got the motor out of it so rebuild was stock . brand new procomp elctronic dizzy on 10mm leads new coil new plugs thermoquad carbi has been rebuilt , timing is spot on 6 btdc ,set mixture to get it to run at 900rpm in park and 625 in drive but when i stamp my foot coughs and splutters backfires through the carby and then takes off , my mechanic thinks it my be another adjustment on carbi does anyone have an idea what i can try???

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Might be the size of the jets or something like that. But not all carbys will just accelerate to full from idle. May take a more gradual acceleration. May also be pumping in too much fuel from the pumper? Not sure, dont know much about the carby. Are you talking about when you stamp it in neutral or drive?

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

it only happens in drive but has only just started , car was on a dyno and set up but then carby taken off and rebuilt now it is doin it same size jets where put in just not sure of the set up

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]