Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU III XR8 347ci

ACT, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
99 tonner wrote:
you would want a better time that buddy to prove they are the ants pants :wink:

a better time than 15.27 with a 200 000km old ef XR6 still using using the stock muffler. you have to be kidding

this car when i got it was only doing 15.8 droped my time by .1 consistantly.
befor the ss kit it was 15.8 all night. after was 15.7 all night with a best 15.68
at that point i put the pace makers on and droped it to 15.3 all night with a best of

ever seens one up close? or with a tickford snorkle sitting next to it?

i don't why any one even bothers putting a tickford one. there not much bigger then than the stock one.

LOL!
True! My SS Induction kit just arrived today.. I pulled it out of its packaging and the first thing i noticed was the massive difference in diameter of the whole thing in general, when put side by side with the Tickford one! :shock:

Also got a BMC air filter, should help out a touch i hope! :lol:

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR8

ACT, Australia

[quote="twr7cx"][quote="Speary10"]I am looking at the options of buying a new passenger side bonnet vent too and building an air intake that sits above the bonnet level that ports air in to the box. Nothing a bit of fibreglass, and a few pipes and things wont fix. Heck theres a (closed off) vent sitting directly above the aribox, so you dont even need to cut anything into the bonnet, but you get the coolest possible air with next to no restriction from the bonnet or radiator or anything. Will tell you how the plan goes as i progress...[/quote]

Vents are designed to release hot air, you want a scoop to put air in...[/quote]

The vents on the XR8 for some reason is totally sealed, so all it really does is helps the aesthetics... So they dont even let hot air out! The plan is though, that if i can get a scoop set up to be catching the air while driving, and port it somewhere into the airbox, thats better than a couple of useless closed vents as standard. The other good thing is, is that the further from the road and or radiator you are catching air, the better off it will be temperature wise...

You may still disagree, but i am still in the planning and pricing phase of a new vent and the fibreglassing supplies i will need. Worst case scenario, is it doesnt work to well and i put my old original vent back on. I dont like the idea of irreversible damage :?

There's no replacement for displacement...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2