Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
fairy v8 wrote:
umm ....i wonder where you got the inspiration to Call IT BLUEPRINTED !! ....when you dont even know the C.R ????

I CC'D the chambers , port matched , ported and set spring heights on my 40p's .....but i dont consider that blueprinted

in my mind blueprinting is when every measurement is to specification precisely and it bothers me when people use the term lightly !!

as in your case :roll:

Get real mate were not running a 2,500 hp nitro funny car here mate.

To those that are baligerant, ignorant or just plain stupid EF-EL series XR8 falcons are from 150kg to 200kg lighter then their AU XR8 equivelents. This can and does slice off up to 1 full second off the quarter mile.

This is what all the s**t that has since gone under the bridge is all about. The E series boys are DILLUSIONAL and are quite adament that their engines are at the heart of their tremendous 400m times.

Not one has admitted that weight maybe a factor.
AU FAIRMONT GHIA 5.0L 1660kg 15.6 400m
AU FAIRLANE GHIA 5.0l 1720kg 16.2 400m

Wow .5 a second and its only 60kg heavier. (taken from more then one editorial) This also goes for the Holden equivelants.

My AU Lane Ghia ran a 15.5 bog stock with 220,000 on the clock, factory times are a very rough indication.

And blueprinting is just that, whether it be a top fueler or a go kart, it's all about correct tollerances and getting clearances spot on, even down to getting ring end gap clearances all the same.

I think you are biting off more than you can chew mate, the boys are making mince meat out of you, i'd quit while i was behind if i were you lol.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

save all dramas,sell youre au for the 20 odd they pull,add youre 6.5 k,pick up a nice late model hsv clubby and then tell me youre stock motor pulls late 170kw..

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Blueprinting thanks to Wikipedia....

Version One

Blueprinting is the remachining of components to tighter tolerances to achieve better balance.

Ideally, blueprinting is performed on components removed from the production line before normal balancing and finishing. If finished components are blueprinted, there is the risk that the further removal of material will weaken the component. However, lightening components is generally an advantage in itself provided balance and adequate strength are both maintained, and more precise machining will in general strengthen a part by removing stress points, so in many cases performance tuners are able to work with finished components.

Version Two

Blueprinting
In engine blueprinting, all the specifications are double-checked. Usually this indicates closer-than-factory tolerances, with custom specifications appropriate for a street car or a race car. The goals usually are to:

Ensure the engine puts out the rated power (because not all mass-production engines put out the rated power) for its manufacturer's design
or

Make more power out of a given engine design, by extra careful measurement and assembly
balancing of reprocating parts and rotating assemblies, to reduce engine vibrations thus achieving more power due to recover of power "lost" to vibrations
Ideally, blueprinting is performed on components removed from the production line before normal balancing and finishing. If finished components are blueprinted, there is the risk that the further removal of material will weaken the component. However, lightening components is generally an advantage in itself provided balance and adequate strength are both maintained, and more precise machining will in general strengthen a part by removing stress points, so in many cases performance tuners are able to work with finished components.

For example, an engine manufacturer may list a piston ring end-gap specification of 0.003 to 0.005 inches for general use in a consumer automobile application. For an endurance racing engine which runs hot, a "blueprinted" specification of 0.00045 to 0.00050 may be desired. For a drag-racing engine which runs only in short bursts, a tighter 0.00035 to .00040 inch tolerance may be used instead. Thus "Blueprint" can mean tighter or looser clearances, depending on the goal.

Basically the motor is pulled apart completly and ever little spring and bolt etc are checked to meet the OEM specs etc

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Lol do you think wikipedia have ever rebuilt an engine??

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Lol do you think wikipedia have ever rebuilt an engine??

I Doubt it but that sounds good enough...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

T2 .....your a crack up man !! ....i think you need to go down to your local library every day for a week and read the automotive non fiction section !! ...

...coz you already got the fiction section down pat bro !! :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fairy v8 wrote:
T2 .....your a crack up man !! ....i think you need to go down to your local library every day for a week and read the automotive non fiction section !! ...

...coz you already got the fiction section down pat bro !! :lol: :lol:

hey fairy he did read the fiction section BUT he couldn't either read the big words or understand it he just looked at the pictures and guessed (a bit like a little kid looks like he is reading but he is only looking at the pretty pictures)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Scaffy wrote:

My mate who just bought a Mazda RX-7 Spirit R today chopped me this arvo, so I guess with a 300kg weight disadvantage, I really did better as without that 300kg I'll be in the 10s

Yes, yes thats right. You should have pulled him up afterwards and explained that you technically, actually won that race due to weight differences.

and i thought the last one of these threads couldn't get any funnier... :lol:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Alot of people are gonna tell me where to get off....but why is (nearly)everyone so mean to each other on here!! This website is a place for all fordmodders to unite not bag the hell out of each other.. :?

we're all becoming a cruel bunch!!

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
Alot of people are gonna tell me where to get off....but why is (nearly)everyone so mean to each other on here!! This website is a place for all fordmodders to unite not bag the hell out of each other.. :?

well we all reward stupitity... (i have copped a bit of flack etc(but still havn't learnt)) and people claiming to have fast cars and skills to use that car when infact it is they have no clue... half assed answers that "they" claim to be right or fact is just guesses and half truths. yeah most people unite under the blue oval but a f**k wit is a f**k wit what ever car they own or etc...

(iam one eighth f**k wit if you ask some people on the forum walker will get in on that lol.....)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED EF and AU V8s

WA, Australia

ouch, a single 2 1/2 inch exhaust, poor thing must be choking it self, do an exhaust upgrade, full twin systems with no cats seem to do wonders

Too many cars atm

ED sprint
EF Fairmont V8
AU ghia V8

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

nicskitz wrote:
ouch, a single 2 1/2 inch exhaust, poor thing must be choking it self, do an exhaust upgrade, full twin systems with no cats seem to do wonders

I think a set of high flow cats would be a much bettter option and a much cheaper option in the event of being pulled over and getting caught without any.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

raff-26 wrote:

yeah no s**t, you go to read someones story and everyone starts paying people out and its goes on and on, it stuffs the forum. Who cares if he thinks his car is awesome, if he loves his car well yeah hes gonna talk it up. Give him break. :wink:

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I think we have left this thread open to long, whether "T2TE50" is right or wrong, he is happy where he has spent his money, it is his money not ours, it is far better than if he had spent it on hookers and drugs, where there wouldn't be anything to show for it except for a disease and a bad addiction.

I would leave this thread open except for the fact that most of the posts are negative and far from being on topic.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5