Fordmods Logo

trans change 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:34 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

A mate has an AOD in his EA. Physically an AODE is identical in size to the AOD. The ratios are the only difference between AODE and 4R70W.
The right hand starter means you need to run a small gear reduction starter for header clearance.
You can either run a Baumann or TCI(or other) stand-alone controller or, run a '94-'95 Mustang EECIV to control both engine and gearbox with some other form of tuning ie EEC-tuner, Burn1 and J3 adaptor, Ostrich emulator.
The AODE is a considerably better gearbox mechanically as well as much better operating than the AOD.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Will these boxes accept a transbrake?? I would like one, but the BTR is too fragile to accept a transbrake.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

thanks for the info. I don't suppose you know which way the guy with the ea did it (electronicallly)?

It is my understanding that the v8's run a separate TCM to the ecu (unlike the sixes), is this true for the 94-5 mustangs or are their trannys controlled by the ecu? More to the point could you replace our v8's TCM with one from an AODE mustang?

is the pin outs used on a mustang eec iv similar to that used on our falcons?

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok, just found that the pinouts used between a mustang and eec iv falcon 8 are in different positions, still trying to find if they are all the same/have same intake values etc incase anyone can shed light

also does anyone have a pinout diagram for the v8 tcm...i found one for the AODE harness used in mustangs but haven't been able to find one for BTR's

thanks

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

The EA uses an AOD but he has the Lentech electric O/D delete button valve body. Otherwise it's not electronically controlled...It was just an example of how AODE would fit...seeing as it's identical physically.
Frankly, I think the trans shop guy p****d in his pocket about not using the AODE because he was afraid of a little wiring.
As I said; use a '94-'95 Mustang 5.0 EECIV to control both engine and gearbox.
This Mustang EEC cannot be used with our BTR trans...the control strategy is completely different and it cannot be reprogammed to control the BTR trans which is a 7 solenoid trans while the AODE is a 5 solenoid type.
Pinouts are different but you can just rearrange the pins in the EEC connector to put em where they need to be.

Btw AU V8's have trans control integrated into the EEC...that's why i use one in my 5.0 XG van. I can reprogam both engine and trans calibrations.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Btw AU V8's have trans control integrated into the EEC...that's why i use one in my 5.0 XG van. I can reprogam both engine and trans calibrations.

Thats not a bad idea Pete, I was wondering why you put an AU EEC in your XG

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
This Mustang EEC cannot be used with our BTR trans...the control strategy is completely different and it cannot be reprogammed to control the BTR trans which is a 7 solenoid trans while the AODE is a 5 solenoid type.
Pinouts are different but you can just rearrange the pins in the EEC connector to put em where they need to be.

cheers for the info...with pre-AU EEC's, does the ecu control the transmission at all or is it totally controlled by the TCM? In other words are these EEC's aware of the fact that there are 7 solenoids in a BTR, or is only the TCM?

What I'm getting at is would it be possible to replace the TCM with a controller for the AODE and feed the ecu correct data? Or atleast trick the TCM as is done with auto-manual conversions, then running a separate controller for the transmission?

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:02 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

No it doesn't control it all, it only "talks" to the eec for reverse gear torque truncation and throttle learn with A/C.
You can trick the eec much like you would with a manual conversion.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2