Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Trickflow top end kit - ECU advice needed
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

TKFD wrote:
67RCE wrote:
They all got T5's. V8's got Tremec T5's, stronger than a Borg Warner, but not by much. Who at Mal Wood told you that, as I'm fairly sure a TKO will not fit as they are substantially shorter than an AU 5 speed.

Didn't the T3 series have the TKO 5 spd? still not as strong as T56 though.

Nope, TR-3650 with a sandwich plate.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:16 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 V8 UTE - Mod

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
They all got T5's. V8's got Tremec T5's, stronger than a Borg Warner, but not by much. Who at Mal Wood told you that, as I'm fairly sure a TKO will not fit as they are substantially shorter than an AU 5 speed.

Paul at Mal Woods has sent me a quote on the TKO, so yes it does fit an AU, though he also says...

The T56 is a better fit, as the TKO goes VERY close to the floor in the shifter area.

When i was speaking to him over the phone, there was no doubt the TKO did fit... as i was pushing that box for it holds 600 pounds of torque and its a cheaper conversion.... and without sounding like a d**k - but i actually like 5 speeds.

More to the point - I've never owned a 6 speed.

Engine is coming along, hopefully we will fire it up this wednesday.

Attachments:
70 mm holley.jpg
70 mm holley.jpg [ 196.91 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]
Trickflow upper .jpg
Trickflow upper .jpg [ 200.6 KiB | Viewed 212 times ]

AU Ute ~ R350
347 ~ fordstroker(10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R series 90 manifold / FTI custom cam / Accufab 85mm Race TB / Lightening 90mm MAF/ Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / Comp Pacemakers + 3" exhaust / BA XR8 Premium brake pac /3.45 gears./ Pedders Xtreme coil overs / QH Tune

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

bluestripes wrote:
67RCE wrote:

Paul at Mal Woods has sent me a quote on the TKO, so yes it does fit an AU, though he also says...

The T56 is a better fit, as the TKO goes VERY close to the floor in the shifter area.

When i was speaking to him over the phone, there was no doubt the TKO did fit... as i was pushing that box for it holds 600 pounds of torque and its a cheaper conversion.... and without sounding like a d**k - but iv actually like 5 speeds.

More to the point - I've never owned a 6 speed.

Engine is coming along, hopefully we will fire it up this wednesday.

Epic backpedal then. If Paul said it fits I don't doubt him. He is quite knowledgeable on these things!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU2 XR8

WA, Australia

If installing T56 you will need 4-1 headers, because the Tri-Y foul the starter motor that is positioned on the other side.

also will need to possibly shorten tailshaft.

MAKE SURE THE BELLHOUSING TO TRANS DOWELS ARE IN PLACE!!! I found out the hard way!!

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:23 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

TKFD wrote:
67RCE wrote:

Didn't the T3 series have the TKO 5 spd? still not as strong as T56 though.

I think you meen TKO600>>T56 as far as strenght gose...Plus if you want to go stonger again (I dont think you will need to while its n/a) there are alot of other parts for the tko to make them much stronger again.

EBT-747 -

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 V8 UTE - Mod

NSW, Australia

Dream build is, Dart 363 "cruiser", TKO 600 5 speed, custom tailshaft, euton posi diff with tuned ratio, plus premium brake upgrade, pacemaker tuned pipes.... Plus body work.

Realistically - that a $20k plus build.

Over the last 6 weeks I've spent about $7k thus far, and I still need tyres, chip and tune.

Main problem with my dream build is that I've brought the wrong trickflow top end kit, TB, injectors and Pro-M MAF for the Dart. So now I'm thinking if this current engine lacks power, just lightly stroke my old block to 331 and have my fun as a daily driver.

AU Ute ~ R350
347 ~ fordstroker(10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R series 90 manifold / FTI custom cam / Accufab 85mm Race TB / Lightening 90mm MAF/ Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / Comp Pacemakers + 3" exhaust / BA XR8 Premium brake pac /3.45 gears./ Pedders Xtreme coil overs / QH Tune

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

Yeh its a shame you got the wrong stuff mate.
Ether way it sounds like its going to be a pritty tuff build

EBT-747 -

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2