unknown chips 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: unknown chips
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR8

NSW, Australia

hey guys, i got a series 2 el xr8 only mod is a cold air intake and i was looking for some mods on ebay and i came across these, can anyone tell me if they know much about them or if any of these would actually work to any extent?

1 Dyno Power Performance chip
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DynoPower-Perfor ... 4153482a91

2 DFAS Performance Chip
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DFAS-Performance ... 4157d99f97

3 FORD Mod Chip
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-Mod-Chip-EA ... 2c589451db

4 Programmable EFI CHIP
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... ink:top:en

does anyone know where i can set up the J3 chip if i purchase it, i live in banksown sydney
thanks

1997 EL XR8
Series 2: cold air intake, LED lights, 1200w sound system, standard exhaust cut muffler put straigt pipes, bonnet scoop.....much more coming.

Post subject: Re: unknown chips
Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

go here you will find what you need http://www.tiperformance.com.au/index.php

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

You want the last 1 on your page, altho you might wanna talk to the bloke who does j3 chips on the forum and buy one off him so you can get help off him after you buy it if you have any problems, I dont know his user name but im sure some one else will post it up here for you to contact him
Edit:follow the link in the above comment

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR8

NSW, Australia

thanks i will have a look for him, do u know if most tuners are able to program the j3 chip or do i have to go somewhere special, does anyone know how much it would cost to tune one to the car n program it?

1997 EL XR8
Series 2: cold air intake, LED lights, 1200w sound system, standard exhaust cut muffler put straigt pipes, bonnet scoop.....much more coming.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

You can buy pre programmed ones with the xr6/xr8 program loaded to it and it just goes in and away you go

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

A chip ENABLES you to make mods that takes the ecu out of it's factory comfort zone. But there are a lot of upgrades that don't require a chip and yield good results. Read the stickies above for some good logical upgrades. This will get your upgrade order correct - a chip is quite a way down the list.

I would do (in this order, before I thought about a chip)

- under drive pulleys
- 65mm TB (you should already have the "explorer intake" on the EL2 XR8
- 73mm MAF
- roller rockers
- dual exhaust

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

I have a Ti performance chip and although Jason is a really good bloke his chips are pre-programmed based on information you give him. The J3 chip I have only has added some advance to the timing and I am now relegated to 98 RON Fuel. It makes a little difference, but bugger all in the big scheme of things.

As xafalcon said, a chip really doesn't do whole lot but complement "other" mods. If you want "real time" tuning for your Windsor by way of a J3 chip, speak to Joe @ Crescent Motorsport in Liverpool about an SCT Eliminator, but definitely change some of the hardware under the hood before hand.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

bladez_01 wrote:
I have a Ti performance chip and although Jason is a really good bloke his chips are pre-programmed based on information you give him. The J3 chip I have only has added some advance to the timing and I am now relegated to 98 RON Fuel. It makes a little difference, but bugger all in the big scheme of things.

As xafalcon said, a chip really doesn't do whole lot but complement "other" mods. If you want "real time" tuning for your Windsor by way of a J3 chip, speak to Joe @ Crescent Motorsport in Liverpool about an SCT Eliminator, but definitely change some of the hardware under the hood before hand.

Dont forget you will still need to tune the chip properly (on a dyno or with wideband controller) to get the full potential out of it. Jason does a great job but his tunes are never 100%.
Search for his username: galapogos1

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

the sam wrote:
bladez_01 wrote:

Dont forget you will still need to tune the chip properly (on a dyno or with wideband controller) to get the full potential out of it. Jason does a great job but his tunes are never 100%.
Search for his username: galapogos1

It's galapogos01 :)

It's true that mail order type tunes will always be a compromise on a dyno tune -- but for some people the price difference doesn't warrant squeezing a couple of extra ponies from the package. All depends what your budget and goals are.

BTW, SCT Eliminator chips are not realtime tunable, and T.I. Performance J3 Chips can be tuned (or retuned, if you modify the car after ordering a tune from us) at a fair number of dyno shops across the country. If there's not one listed on our Dealer page near you, any tuner familiar with SCT tuning or having used TunerPro before should be able to pick it up if you ask nicely.

Happy to answer any questions in the thread or via PM.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I didnt mean that jase doesnt tune them properly, its just extremely difficult to set up a custom tune without a dyno sheet or afrs. But he gets damn close.

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:47 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

The Moates 1/4 horse is real time programmable.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
go here you will find what you need http://www.tiperformance.com.au/index.php

interesting :idea: :idea:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]