V8 Daily drivers 

Page 3 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:
well i just got my v8, and i wont be driving it everyday, it shall sit in the shed untill the weekend or when i wanna cruise.. preservr the baby.. not going to baby it just dont wanna rack up the klms and keep the value of the car as high as i can..

wats your ride???

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

nl fairlane ghia v8 with 119,000 klms on the clock. so i wanna keep the klms down

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

Not trying to take the piss, but why sacrifice your driving pleasure by leaving it in the shed so that the NEXT person who owns it is happy. Who cares? My 5.0L has done over 260,000kms and I'll be racking up as many more as I can!! Screw resale, I'll just make it look schmick and go like stink! ;)

I bought my car for ME. Not to keep nice for the next bloke.

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

ef302 wrote:

Couldnt have put this better myself.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

ef302 wrote:
Not trying to take the piss, but why sacrifice your driving pleasure by leaving it in the shed so that the NEXT person who owns it is happy. Who cares? My 5.0L has done over 260,000kms and I'll be racking up as many more as I can!! Screw resale, I'll just make it look schmick and go like stink! ;)

exactly u forked out all that moeny for it...go enjoy it....plus resale is gonna depreciate like s**t anyhow....I was driving both an EF XR6 and EL XR8 until now since im trying to part ways with the 8 and found unless you drive them both hard then the economy was roughly bout the same

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

you make a valid point and i do agree with u, but then on the other hand, cars cost a lot of money to maintain, mod, and buy of course, and in keeping the klms down and maintaining the car properly i will hope to get as much as possible back when i do sell her.

i drive to work 5-6 days a week, takes me about 15 mins, i just dont see the need to drive a nice car to work, where:

1. i will be putting klms on it
2. it will be parked near people who couldnt give a rats a*** about your car
3. i work right near a big gravel and dust carpark where every single car gets dirty and s**t all through it..

they are my main concerns, if i had my own GIANT car park and is undercover i would drive it too work.. but hey life aint suppose to be a cruise...lol

But i think the main reason why i wanna have it smick and clean all the time is because i'm a clean freak when it comes to cars, and seeing after i clean it and the next day it is filthy i just dont see the point..

but i do see your point, and i would love to drive it too work every but i just dont see the point.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The point is that Fords, and particularily Ghias are beautiful cars to drive and you can take pride in it every day, not just when the weather is nice.

I understand where you are coming from, but for such a large outlay of cash, it seems strange to want to leave it in the shed... s**t happens, just ask the member who's beautiful FBT got bashed to buggery by a tree that fell on his garage cos he was trying to protect his car from a storm.

Especially if your car is as nice as it sounds... You're depriving the rest of us from admiring!

BTW; you see my point but don't see the point??? LOL

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

lol.... that garage bit is funny.... u got me thinking now, u bastards....lol

was going to buy a moto to ride to work, but now i am thinking of driving the fairlane to work, and pumping the cash from the bike into the car.....

so many options....lol

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

HAHA, now you're thinking straight. Besides, if something does happen and you get a scratch or a ding, you've got a great excuse for a full respray!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

lol... that is true....see what happens, prob kep it away for a while, untill i mod her anyways...

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

From my experience, you have a lot less problems with cars that are driven often, than cars that sit in a shed and are driven on weekends. Apart from that, think about resale realistically. Its an NL so it's between 8-10 years old already. Say you hold onto it for 5 years, it's now a 15 year old car, and even if you still havent driven it much its going to have at least 180,000kms on it.

Now think at the moment, how much more would you be willing to pay for a 15 year old car (an EA or NA) with 180,000kms on it or a 15 year old EA/NA with 280,000kms on it. Not going to be a great deal of difference, beacause when it comes down to it chances are you are going to be planning to have to take a good look at the 15 year old engine anyway (advance apologies to any EA/NA owners!) and even if it has only had the occasional run its still going to have 180,000 kms of stone chips and dints in it..

Can you see what I'm getting at, cars reach a certain age where thing like lower kilometers and only driven on sundays are not great advantages and at times disadvantages, the only exceptions to this are extreme examples (ie. bought and then put in shed). So enjoy it while you have it, drive it as much as you want to and enjoy every minute of driving it. I'd much rather have a car that I have driven every day and therefore know inside out, that has higher kilometers, than a 15 year old car that has lowish kays sitting in my shed, while I drive a Datto 120Y to work every day..

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

point taken... i think....lol

everyone does make good points, i prob not overly fussy with the klms i think, it is more of the idiots out there that dont give a rats a***, open doors on you and hit ur car, run shopping trolleys into it, little kids scratching it, and so on. plus the fact of all the dirt at work, but i could prob leave the car across the road or some thing like that....

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

Thats all in the art of parking. I've had my car for the last two years, put 75,000kms on it, and not picked up one shopping trolley or careless person dint/scratch. You know the people you see parked right up close to a wall right at the other end of the carpark?? Become one of them :)

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

true.... i normally do, i just seem to get scrathes on my car somehow, although i am not the only one to drive it.... :(

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

tomcolahan wrote:
Thats all in the art of parking. I've had my car for the last two years, put 75,000kms on it, and not picked up one shopping trolley or careless person dint/scratch. You know the people you see parked right up close to a wall right at the other end of the carpark?? Become one of them :)
lol im one of the pricks who take up 2 parks and ill argue all day long with anyone thats goes off at me,id rather piss someone off than fix dents but i allways park way away from the entrance like the right up the back of a car park

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next