Fordmods Logo

V8 economy 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
i would expect it to use at least 20L/100 in the city...u will never get better than this

your approximated 25-30L/100 cant really be used as an accurate indicator as youve only done 500km and i have no idea how you measured it...the only accurate way would be to go by the guage on the tank

if still not happy after accurately checking it then get the car tested on chassis dyno - idle and part throttle mixtures

EF Ghia 5.0- stock apart from exhaust- 68 l's LPG 430km's, and thats with a couple a flattenings!! mostly highway tho..

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

I would firstly run a diagnostic check on your car to see if there are any obvious faults. If that comes all clear, then take it for a run and take your 1/4 socket set with a 3/8 socket for your dizzy clamp. Bump up your timing until it starts to ping and then back it off a bit. You may have to do this a few times. If you have a clean engine(when you can see the graduations on your harmonic balancer), you can do the base timing whilst in diagnostic mode or whatever its called.

Your car should be getting at least 450km around Canberra. My V8 wagon gets 500km and its been mildly worked over so 450km is not unreasonable. So long as your idle mixture and o2 sensors are OK, these things will tune themselves. I would also invest in a new set of leads and some plugs and gap them between 0.75-1.0mm.

Also, the R90E has the balance line to the diaphram, does yours have a tube/pipe/hose that runs from your convertor to your airbox or somewhere where it gets air flowing into it?

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2