Fordmods Logo

v8 into daltd 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: v8 into daltd
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 89 da ltd

QLD, Australia

Hi guys ok ive put 5.0l in the da and whole wire harness ot of a nc fairlane everything works but have no spark
left igniton on for a hour and it started turn it of and no spark again left igniton on for another hour and it started so how do i make it start all the time will a smartlock bypass fix the prob also i havent put any fluids in yet. Coolant trasmition powersteering brakefluid will any of thease upset computer or smartlock and i still have no smartlock jewl flashing i tested bulb an all good and no blown fueses please help thankkyou.

Post subject: Re: v8 into daltd
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Did you put the smartlock steering column in?

If not, you need either it, or a smartlock bypass, OR... an early NC or EB ECU pre smartlock. BUt they also need a BAP Sensor.

You can also get a J3 chip instead. Price for a J3 with just the smartlock removed wouldnt be a lot

Nigel

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 89 da ltd

QLD, Australia

thanks for info nigel i have the da colum with nc indecator and wiper combo and have akey and barrel of a car with smartlock, the ecu is 3/93 this was in the car i got the harnes out off but there is no sign of smartlock as the door locks dont move and there is no jewl flash its the dash out of the nc as my dash dident have smartlock.the only thing i havent changed is the door harnesses.when i push the button on the dash to lock doors the pass front lock goes down and up.but when i push the drivers lock both go down and stay down till i open door or pull it back up.
like i said the locks are still the old style key not the eb type.i was wondering if i get a barrel and keys and remote and try the remote part it might trigger smartlock somhow lol i shouldent have to put the whole colum in as they are the same just the electrics are diff i think.

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

As long as you got the smartlock barrel you should be ok. But there's a problem. Smart lock appears to be at least partially working as otherwise you wouldn't be able to start after an hour

The quick fix is a j3 chip or a smart lock bypass

I can't tell about about the wiring - I take it you did it yourself. Should just be plug and play

My xf has a 91 harness in it - no smart lock. So I don't have this worry even though I do have a smart lock key barrel in case plans change later

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]