Fordmods Logo

V8 RPM's at 100k's 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 42

Posts: 368

Joined: 22nd Aug 2008

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

Location: Roxby Downs
SA, Australia

BenJ wrote:
The only way to lower the engine speed is to alter the diff ratio, which will then mean you will have slower acceleration.

Cheers
BenJ

Or change the ratio of the 5 speed manual or even better go 6 speed :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

Shen Long wrote:
BenJ wrote:
The only way to lower the engine speed is to alter the diff ratio, which will then mean you will have slower acceleration.

Cheers
BenJ

Or change the ratio of the 5 speed manual or even better go 6 speed :)


Yes, you could install an older EA T5 which has lower 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th ratios, but many would see this as a backwards step.

And a six speed is worth more than the actual car, so once again, not many would see this as a viable option.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Shen Long wrote:
BenJ wrote:
The only way to lower the engine speed is to alter the diff ratio, which will then mean you will have slower acceleration.

Cheers
BenJ

Or change the ratio of the 5 speed manual or even better go 6 speed :)


Yes, you could install an older EA T5 which has lower 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th ratios, but many would see this as a backwards step.

And a six speed is worth more than the actual car, so once again, not many would see this as a viable option.

Cheers
BenJ


I would see a six cyl T5 as a backward step because they are weak as piss.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 31

Joined: 30th Aug 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EAII fairmomt

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

I now have a ef 5ltr standard 4speed auto and it sits at 2 grand at 100ks unsure on diff ratio is there anyway to tell what ratio diff you have?

 

_________________

Low and slow yeah.... But not that slow but low... But not to low either... yeah

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 1667

Joined: 23rd Dec 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

there is a sticker on the RH side of the diff, it will have the ratio printed on it.

 

_________________

Image
[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 am 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

eaboomer wrote:
I now have a ef 5ltr standard 4speed auto and it sits at 2 grand at 100ks unsure on diff ratio is there anyway to tell what ratio diff you have?


Should be a 3.23
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 RPM's at 100k's
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 31

Joined: 30th Aug 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EAII fairmomt

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

no sticker this is giving me the s**t cos i need to know lol its a lsd and the speedos 10ks out thats all i know is there any other way to tell?

 

_________________

Low and slow yeah.... But not that slow but low... But not to low either... yeah

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names