Fordmods Logo

V8 to Straight 6 ? 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 546

Joined: 5th Jun 2010

Ride: BA XT, NCII V8

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

my mate told them that he has to use his parents car until he can buy his own and their car is a V8, he has a Ef Xr8 but just put it in his dads name

also found
The 250 cu in (4.1 L) straight six was an engine option offered in 1969 in the Mustang

So you should not have to many issues puting a 6 in it.

just would have to change loom and everthing.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

in my opinion buy a mustang thats more original, if its been changed to run the au gear than its going to be a bigger hassle to change it back to a 6 or its standard former state than it is to just buy an original one, and i bet this ones selling for more than an original one because its got the au running gear got a link to the car so i can have a look ?

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 15

Joined: 12th Dec 2011

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Nah me putting in a straight 6 isnt really to make it more a original its so its p-plate friendly, yer id much prefer an original but the price of an original on top of a right hand drive conversion is rather high, in addition the safety features of this car are of interest over that of an original, yer ill send you a link :) : http://adelaide.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V ... Z334684155
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 15

Joined: 12th Dec 2011

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Ash wrote:
ford808 wrote:
Nah me putting in a straight 6 isnt really to make it more a original its so its p-plate friendly, yer id much prefer an original but the price of an original on top of a right hand drive conversion is rather high, in addition the safety features of this car are of interest over that of an original, yer ill send you a link :) : http://adelaide.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V ... Z334684155


Much cheaper here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120824322607 ... 1423.l2649


Ah yerp thanks Ash :), wonder if there will be many bids on it
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2448

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Im with Ash here. Its not original enough to be worth that much money. Theyre going to start pressing GT bodies eventually, and we'll all want to do the same thing ;).

Actually - that I would do. But this - Nah. Its not a mustang any more - its an AU.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 623

Joined: 24th May 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

Location: Aldinga Beach
SA, Australia

thats mustang is very close to me at seaford
i had a look at a few weeks ago
my advice is to stay away from it if you havent brought it already.
spend that 20k on a normal mustang.
a friends dad also looked at it who owns a 66 stang he said "wouldnt touch it"
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 15

Joined: 12th Dec 2011

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Jonathan Kakousidis wrote:
thats mustang is very close to me at seaford
i had a look at a few weeks ago
my advice is to stay away from it if you havent brought it already.
spend that 20k on a normal mustang.
a friends dad also looked at it who owns a 66 stang he said "wouldnt touch it"


Ohh k thanks Jonathan, did he say anything in particular that was wrong wid it ? Or just in general its not a good car to buy ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 623

Joined: 24th May 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

Location: Aldinga Beach
SA, Australia

ona second note
buy something cheap and spend that 20k on a real stang that you can drive in 4 years.

and slowly build it to what you want in a classic not someones elses slap together project to make money.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 623

Joined: 24th May 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

Location: Aldinga Beach
SA, Australia

ford808 wrote:
Jonathan Kakousidis wrote:
thats mustang is very close to me at seaford
i had a look at a few weeks ago
my advice is to stay away from it if you havent brought it already.
spend that 20k on a normal mustang.
a friends dad also looked at it who owns a 66 stang he said "wouldnt touch it"


Ohh k thanks Jonathan, did he say anything in particular that was wrong wid it ? Or just in general its not a good car to buy ?



something that modded is no longer a classic and will be a head f**k later on.
and just plainly said stay away its not worth that.
think of it this way how much is a mustang shell and a wrecked au xr8 plus your time.
20,000 grand i dont think so
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 15

Joined: 12th Dec 2011

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Jonathan Kakousidis wrote:
ona second note
buy something cheap and spend that 20k on a real stang that you can drive in 4 years.

and slowly build it to what you want in a classic not someones elses slap together project to make money.


Yer seems to be what this is coming down to, i dunno just not a big fan of newer cars, i love classic mustangs and would love to have a car i can appreciate everyday, might be a bit ambitious at this stage tho lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 623

Joined: 24th May 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

Location: Aldinga Beach
SA, Australia

ford808 wrote:
Jonathan Kakousidis wrote:
ona second note
buy something cheap and spend that 20k on a real stang that you can drive in 4 years.

and slowly build it to what you want in a classic not someones elses slap together project to make money.


Yer seems to be what this is coming down to, i dunno just not a big fan of newer cars, i love classic mustangs and would love to have a car i can appreciate everyday, might be a bit ambitious at this stage tho lol



same here at your age i wanted the same thing but things do change.
if you want a classic buy a orginal one
if your after the classic look but want the newer motor buy a shell and a wrecked ba-f gt and transfer evenything over.
there are a few guys on here doing that too the older e series.
so there is no resaon you couldnt do it to a even older car.
itll be nicer car and something you can say that is mine i build it from the ground up with is better the buying somone elses that you have no idea what he has done.
till you own it and something happens by then your 20k out of pocket.

but at the end of the day its is your choice
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 790

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

I honestly get where you guys are coming from in whether this is a good car for a P plater, I agree its probably a bit too big an undertaking for him and that there are simpler cars out there to start with, but I have to say, looking at the piks I am intrigued by it...and as for people saying its `slapped together to make a quick profit', I'd point out that it HAS ben approved through Regency. Any South Aussie thats had a car over the pits at Regency knows it isn't easy - they are very thorough and err on the side of saying no F**k way if they don't like what they see...it reminds me a little of SN65 which was a similar build onto a mid 90's fox body mustang floorpan (see http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isc ... l2-3.1l4l0 )


Oh, and one other thing re the title, V8 to V6? AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH! a straight 6 and a V6 are two different Fu@$ing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, pet hate that one..) :roll:

 

_________________

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 15

Joined: 12th Dec 2011

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
I honestly get where you guys are coming from in whether this is a good car for a P plater, I agree its probably a bit too big an undertaking for him and that there are simpler cars out there to start with, but I have to say, looking at the piks I am intrigued by it...and as for people saying its `slapped together to make a quick profit', I'd point out that it HAS ben approved through Regency. Any South Aussie thats had a car over the pits at Regency knows it isn't easy - they are very thorough and err on the side of saying no F**k way if they don't like what they see...it reminds me a little of SN65 which was a similar build onto a mid 90's fox body mustang floorpan (see http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isc ... l2-3.1l4l0 )


Oh, and one other thing re the title, V8 to V6? AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH! a straight 6 and a V6 are two different Fu@$ing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, pet hate that one..) :roll:


Haha sorry , yer i forgot the falcon motor i was talking about was a straight , but fair enough they are a very different motor
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

Nigel wrote:
Im with Ash here. Its not original enough to be worth that much money. Theyre going to start pressing GT bodies eventually, and we'll all want to do the same thing ;).

Actually - that I would do. But this - Nah. Its not a mustang any more - its an AU.

i think someones posted up on fordmods that they are pressing out new mustang bodies and you just need to fit running gear, would be good for a race car shell, can put whatever diff,motor,steering interior etc you want in it and go racing without ruining an original mustang

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: V8 to Straight 6 ?
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2448

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

They are!. Buy direct from Ford USA.

Ive also heard that they had XY bodies ready to go. Not sure how compliance would work with them, but Id have a go. (Phils Rotaries I think)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names