Fordmods Logo

V8 to Straight 6 ? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: V8 to V6 ?
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Im with Ash here. Its not original enough to be worth that much money. Theyre going to start pressing GT bodies eventually, and we'll all want to do the same thing ;).

Actually - that I would do. But this - Nah. Its not a mustang any more - its an AU.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

thats mustang is very close to me at seaford
i had a look at a few weeks ago
my advice is to stay away from it if you havent brought it already.
spend that 20k on a normal mustang.
a friends dad also looked at it who owns a 66 stang he said "wouldnt touch it"

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Jonathan Kakousidis wrote:

Ohh k thanks Jonathan, did he say anything in particular that was wrong wid it ? Or just in general its not a good car to buy ?

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ona second note
buy something cheap and spend that 20k on a real stang that you can drive in 4 years.

and slowly build it to what you want in a classic not someones elses slap together project to make money.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ford808 wrote:

Ohh k thanks Jonathan, did he say anything in particular that was wrong wid it ? Or just in general its not a good car to buy ?

something that modded is no longer a classic and will be a head f**k later on.
and just plainly said stay away its not worth that.
think of it this way how much is a mustang shell and a wrecked au xr8 plus your time.
20,000 grand i dont think so

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ona second note
buy something cheap and spend that 20k on a real stang that you can drive in 4 years.

and slowly build it to what you want in a classic not someones elses slap together project to make money.

Yer seems to be what this is coming down to, i dunno just not a big fan of newer cars, i love classic mustangs and would love to have a car i can appreciate everyday, might be a bit ambitious at this stage tho lol

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ford808 wrote:
ona second note

Yer seems to be what this is coming down to, i dunno just not a big fan of newer cars, i love classic mustangs and would love to have a car i can appreciate everyday, might be a bit ambitious at this stage tho lol

same here at your age i wanted the same thing but things do change.
if you want a classic buy a orginal one
if your after the classic look but want the newer motor buy a shell and a wrecked ba-f gt and transfer evenything over.
there are a few guys on here doing that too the older e series.
so there is no resaon you couldnt do it to a even older car.
itll be nicer car and something you can say that is mine i build it from the ground up with is better the buying somone elses that you have no idea what he has done.
till you own it and something happens by then your 20k out of pocket.

but at the end of the day its is your choice

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

I honestly get where you guys are coming from in whether this is a good car for a P plater, I agree its probably a bit too big an undertaking for him and that there are simpler cars out there to start with, but I have to say, looking at the piks I am intrigued by it...and as for people saying its `slapped together to make a quick profit', I'd point out that it HAS ben approved through Regency. Any South Aussie thats had a car over the pits at Regency knows it isn't easy - they are very thorough and err on the side of saying no F**k way if they don't like what they see...it reminds me a little of SN65 which was a similar build onto a mid 90's fox body mustang floorpan (see http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isc ... l2-3.1l4l0 )

Oh, and one other thing re the title, V8 to V6? AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH! a straight 6 and a V6 are two different Fu@$ing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, pet hate that one..) :roll:

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
I honestly get where you guys are coming from in whether this is a good car for a P plater, I agree its probably a bit too big an undertaking for him and that there are simpler cars out there to start with, but I have to say, looking at the piks I am intrigued by it...and as for people saying its `slapped together to make a quick profit', I'd point out that it HAS ben approved through Regency. Any South Aussie thats had a car over the pits at Regency knows it isn't easy - they are very thorough and err on the side of saying no F**k way if they don't like what they see...it reminds me a little of SN65 which was a similar build onto a mid 90's fox body mustang floorpan (see http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isc ... l2-3.1l4l0 )

Oh, and one other thing re the title, V8 to V6? AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH! a straight 6 and a V6 are two different Fu@$ing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, pet hate that one..) :roll:

Haha sorry , yer i forgot the falcon motor i was talking about was a straight , but fair enough they are a very different motor

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Nigel wrote:
Im with Ash here. Its not original enough to be worth that much money. Theyre going to start pressing GT bodies eventually, and we'll all want to do the same thing ;).

Actually - that I would do. But this - Nah. Its not a mustang any more - its an AU.

i think someones posted up on fordmods that they are pressing out new mustang bodies and you just need to fit running gear, would be good for a race car shell, can put whatever diff,motor,steering interior etc you want in it and go racing without ruining an original mustang

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: V8 to Straight 6 ?
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

They are!. Buy direct from Ford USA.

Ive also heard that they had XY bodies ready to go. Not sure how compliance would work with them, but Id have a go. (Phils Rotaries I think)

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Nigel wrote:

i think someones posted up on fordmods that they are pressing out new mustang bodies and you just need to fit running gear, would be good for a race car shell, can put whatever diff,motor,steering interior etc you want in it and go racing without ruining an original mustang

They are selling these in Australia - they had one at the last (SA) Ford day. I believe RRS in WA are the agent... you might want to be sitting down when they tell you the price, though - basic shell (not sure if this is for a roller) is $45,000....hell of a lot for just a shell seeing that you have to put in all the running gear, interior, glass etc.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ash wrote:

Yep, same ones - these are Dynacorn bodies that RRS has. They DO look really good and obviously you start with an arrow straight rust free body so plenty of cost cutting straight away on re-doing an oldie...

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ash wrote:
Big price difference though between a US supplier and RRS. Cost you 3k to get it here plus 10%. Less then half of RRS. Not that you can put a VIN to it unless you do a dodgy.

yeh I nearly fell over when I saw the price tag at the Ford day.. you're right, though, what you are probably paying thriough the nose for is that the painful stuff like VIN has been taken care of but Jeez, even so....RRS are annoying in that way - they have so much stuff that gets you salivating - until you see the price tag...

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Ash wrote:
Are they swapping VINs?

Not sure about the VIN's - I ran the other way when I saw the price tag !!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3