Fordmods Logo

What would YOU do.. Advise me.. 

Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: What would YOU do.. Advise me..
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: F150 EL mont&2001 cobra

QLD, Australia

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

two words - AU Fairlane?

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:10 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
two words - AU Fairlane?

1 word......... Boat :lol:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:00 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Buying a newer car doesn't mean it'll keep it's value better than an older one. If you're only going to do something based on how much money you MIGHT get for it......don't do anything, buy a piece of crap and forget about cars.
The amount of tossers who say "you never get your money back" when you talk about modifying cars is unbelievable! You don't get your money back if you buy smokes or piss and those two things are just an indulgence. So why should you not do something because you won't get your money back?

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Are the AU lanes even long wheel base? they look to be the same as the sedan.

If you where 100% set on keeping your concorde I would think about upgrading the suspension to BA or later. You will definitely will get the same quality in handling and also have better brakes.

Get your trans worked or convert to a manual, you will love it :D

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Buying a newer car doesn't mean it'll keep it's value better than an older one. If you're only going to do something based on how much money you MIGHT get for it......don't do anything, buy a piece of crap and forget about cars.
The amount of tossers who say "you never get your money back" when you talk about modifying cars is unbelievable! You don't get your money back if you buy smokes or piss and those two things are just an indulgence. So why should you not do something because you won't get your money back?

damn straight.
those same people go and spend $15k on a trashed BA XR6T and load $5k into it only to sell it for $10k a few years later.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

93EB wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
two words - AU Fairlane?

Settle! :evil:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

It all comes down to what YOU want we can advise you all day and night what we think but you need to make your own decision do you really love the car? never want to part with it? If so i would be able to justify spending all that coin on her, knowing shes going to be there to play with when ever you want.
I mean if you go for a newer car you will just have another au or ba very common. you have one of the best looking fairlanes iv ever seen so why stop after all the hard work and coin alredy?
Even if you do go all out on her shes not going to cost more than a new top of the line falcon anyway and she will out perform and get many looks of respect from other car enthusiests.

Matt

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:17 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

damn straight.
those same people go and spend $15k on a trashed BA XR6T and load $5k into it only to sell it for $10k a few years later.

I agree with both points. 1 yes you dont get your money and your doing more harm buying smokes and piss. 2 Yes i agree that if you buy a BA XR6T for 15k its probably thrashed, high kays and a piece of s**t and in that case your better of with your older more trustworthy car.

Newer cars main advantage offers more safety and i would expect reliability over older cars and ive found that many cars that are heavily modified can actually deter potential buyers.

Im still sticking to the point that if you go and spend a small fortune on your car at the end of the day if you dont get a car enthusiast that understands and appreciates the effort and money youve spent on it you will have difficulty selling it for the price you deserve.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ok then if he HAD to spend it on his car, i would focus more on refinement of the car, and only add a little more perfomance

Start with a BA interior conversion, then upgrade the suspension to maybe AU spec so it rides better.

You also mentioned you wouldnt go to an AU because it would be a far cry from the 'luxury' you have now. Seeing as youve fitted bigger wheels, dropped the ride height id say the ride is far from luxurious..... am i wrong?

4WD ride height & small rims are gay, but it f**k rides like a cloud :lol:

Last edited by FordFairmont on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
93EB wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
two words - AU Fairlane?

Settle! :evil:

barge---------but it grows around you,i dont mind driving it,i just done the motor with a xr8 cam and it woke the sleeping giant up,but for fun the xr8 chaser is hard to beat.the bottom line is do you plan to keep it for a long time-8 or more years,if so do it.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Last edited by hans hartman on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

93EB wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

damn straight.

I agree with both points. 1 yes you dont get your money and your doing more harm buying smokes and piss. 2 Yes i agree that if you buy a BA XR6T for 15k its probably thrashed, high kays and a piece of s**t and in that case your better of with your older more trustworthy car.

Newer cars main advantage offers more safety and i would expect reliability over older cars and ive found that many cars that are heavily modified can actually deter potential buyers.

Im still sticking to the point that if you go and spend a small fortune on your car at the end of the day if you dont get a car enthusiast that understands and appreciates the effort and money youve spent on it you will have difficulty selling it for the price you deserve.

When was the last time you visited carsales.com.au . I found a nice 1owner XR6 turbo for him in south Australia.http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=8529425&keywords=xr6%20turbo&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany&PriceTo=410&__No=0&__D=xr6%20turbo&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=1252C0A83A1F&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20410%20901&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Cr=4&__Ntt=xr6%20turbo&trecs=7&__Qpb=true

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
93EB wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

damn straight.

When was the last time you visited carsales.com.au . I found a nice 1owner XR6 turbo for him in south Australia.http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=8529425&keywords=xr6%20turbo&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany&PriceTo=410&__No=0&__D=xr6%20turbo&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=1252C0A83A1F&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20410%20901&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Cr=4&__Ntt=xr6%20turbo&trecs=7&__Qpb=true
looks nice -get both

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:46 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

That 393 I talked about will kick a turbos' a*** anyway and actually sound good doing it. You'd never want to sell it after that!

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL Fairlane Concorde Ghia

SA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
ok then if he HAD to spend it on his car, i would focus more on refinement of the car, and only add a little more perfomance

Start with a BA interior conversion, then upgrade the suspension to maybe AU spec so it rides better.

You also mentioned you wouldnt go to an AU because it would be a far cry from the 'luxury' you have now. Seeing as youve fitted bigger wheels, dropped the ride height id say the ride is far from luxurious..... am i wrong?

4WD ride height & small rims are gay, but it f**k rides like a cloud :lol:

there only 17" wheels, 16" is standard and its only lowered 20-30mm (king springs lows, and its still a very comfortable drive :)

I mean I just love my interior, the rear seats are soo comfortable i wouldnt want to change them, id change the door trims and dash and front seats to ba (some seats that are more supportive atleast)
But if i converted my interior the BA dosent really accomodate a 7" touch screen head unit.
and does anyone know of such a place that could do the conversion here in SA?

then that also means a retrim of the whole interior head lining/floor etc.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next