Fordmods Logo

where can i get v8 3v parts cheap ?for a rebuild 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: where can i get v8 3v parts cheap ?for a rebuild
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

QLD, Australia

was going to rebuild my old worn out barra 220 3v engine new cams heads and bottom end parts .ps only ever rebuild a holden 186 and 308 which are very easy to do .hope the fords are just as easy ? thanks for any info .i was going to get second hand engine but better of rebuilding my own at least i know its new

Post subject: Re: where can i get v8 3v parts cheap ?for a rebuild
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:52 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Just get a hottie long block from MMR in the states.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:01 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

just bought xr6 turbo wreck for very cheap price of $2400 .will fit this to it now only 108000 klm on clock .

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

putting a 6 where a V8 came from is a disgrace!

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:39 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

it was a cheaper option and they are just so much easier to work on .parts are cheaper .motor is lighter .and will handle better. i know what u r saying but i got ripped of when i bought this ute and i owes me a lot of money ,embarrassed to say :oops: i only bought it to fit a super charger to the 3v v8 but before i could do that i had to spend all that money plus more to get it to this .it had 47000 klm on the clock but i estimate about 247000 klm .i should have sold it but it was under finance ,and i did most of the work my self except the paint just to pull the tray apart took 8 hours and cleaning it before i got it powder coated .i made the tail light aluminium bar up and fitted the stop light into the roll Barr painted the chase black fitted all new suspension to it new bushes ball joints camber caster kits .it was all warn out ,i just have no more money left so i went the cheaper option . if the ford place in caloundra would have bean honest enough and fixed it but instead tolled me to get f-----.the v8 would have a nice blower on it now .i estimate that this ute cost me so far about $26000 with the purchase of the xr6 . bought the ute for $12500 of pacific ford 2 years ago so blame them i do .i could have had a late model xr 8 for that :oops:

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Mate I've pmd you about the throttle body for sale

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA 3VM

NSW, Australia

Have you fitted the Turbo yet?

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:58 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

lots of set backs just got turbo housing back but the enlarged flapper they fitted does not close properly .had stuff lost in transport .just got the auto rebuild with au parts .got turbo bearings replaced and a performance wheel fitted .just ordered a turbosmart e street boost controller and actuator .hotside turbo pipping to intercooler . have spend about $4000 on parts ,but the wreck has paid for it self have sold lots of parts .still have the diff and one door and boot plus spoiler to sell . the larger brakes i am un able to fit to my ute due to 16 inch rims (one tone rated tyres commercial )just fitted the intercooler to the ute and wiring harness ,dashboard is ready to go back in .have cut the loom to fit the tweeters and rear speakers .going to fit the sub and amp that was in the wreck ,so i have totally gutted the inside .have to make a box up to fit the sub and amp and capacitor to .just relocating battery to underside of my aluminium tray .have fitted the revised heater shaft . swapped over the high performance fuel pump .fitted the turbo fuel lines from the tank to the front engine compartments . fitted the power steering lines to suit the turbo ,and the power steering oil cooler . .the whole engine swap is not straight forward there are lots of differences between turbo and v8 . like air con lines and pumps all the whirring and lots more .i am getting a bitt to exited and started rebuilding things so that they would stand up to more horse power (except engine )still got a lot ahead of me but i am not just swapping engines ,i am fitting a stereo gauges turbo boost controller ,carpet battery box (aluminium and welded up ) have taken my aluminium tray apart to get re powdercoated ,was not happy with last job they done to it .so it will take a few more month .going to up load more pictures to the build page soon

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Wrong forum mate....should be in the 6cyl forum.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:15 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Wrong forum mate....should be in the 6cyl forum.

do not be a trouble maker .that just ruins this forum .people like you should be band to make stupid comments .i really hate drop kicks like you that have nothing els to do but pick on such a small thing (maybe something els is the same size)read how it started in the beginning .you p****d me of .do not ever talk to me again i will never need your help. jerks like you ruin this forum .get a live .[/quote]

Well actually I help lots and lots of people on this forum and I did try to help you. Some people of course can't be helped.
The simple fact is that now, yours is a 6cyl so shouldn't be in this forum.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

And people have wondered why long standing technical members have left.....

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

this is like a kinder garden or ford verses holden .some one asked how i was going with the turbo so i replied ,was i supposed to ignore him . this is a ford forum or not .v8 versus 6 or turbo 6 who cares .all i want to do is have fun on here and not get criticised all day .and all you did is showed me some info from america ,why would i want to buy over there when i would rather spend the money over here to keep people employed in australia .and when i decided to fit a turbo 6 all you had to say that it is a stupid idea to change from a v8 to a turbo 6 . there was no reply best of luck or this is going to be hard ,no only that a v8 has to stay in my ute (whose ute is it yes it is mine ) there was no reply from you after i explained why .yes that is great help from you to show me pictures from over seas . i am not a millionaire i am trying to build this ute as cheep as i can . it does say ford mods so why is it that we are divided into groups (i know its easier to find )we are all here to give advise and help each other .i started this forum in the v8 section so there it will stay ,and i will answer everyones questions .sorry for not knowing the future that i was going to fit a turbo instead of a v8 which cost more rego and fuel to run (and still be slower ) it cost so much more to get a v8 to go like a turbo 6 .have looked into it ages ago and got told by other people on forums not to waste my money on a v8 .no but you had to be open your mouth and say get of my turf you are not welcome here, you are in the wrong territory and go to your own forum . (it started as a v8 and ended as a turbo 6 )

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:13 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
putting a 6 where a V8 came from is a disgrace!

no you are a disgrace .we could have settled this a another way but no you had to get everyone involved (lets run to the headmaster and dob him in ) you have not left school yet as i can see

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

he is not a technical member at all ,once he new i was a turbo 6 owner he did nothing to help only booed me away .and thats what p****d me of all he wanted is to get me p****d of and he did do a great job of it .when i got up this morning at 4.30 and read the comment to move on i thought what a jerk and i still do think he is

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

gunna wrote:
he is not a technical member at all ,once he new i was a turbo 6 owner he did nothing to help only booed me away .and thats what p****d me of all he wanted is to get me p****d of and he did do a great job of it .when i got up this morning at 4.30 and read the comment to move on i thought what a jerk and i still do think he is

Thats the thing, This post is in the V8 Workshop so Pete is correct in saying it's in the wrong section. He is a technical member, who when it is possible, does help out those in the V8 section of the forum, as that is his area of expertise. I personally wouldn't have fitted the I6T to the car, but that is just me. The problem that this forum has been plauged with, is we previously had quite a few very knowledgable people here, who through the acts of new members coming in, have decided to leave. The last thing we need is for someone like Pete to leave, as the forum will lose alot of knowledge and technical advice and help.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next