where the f**k can i get a good 331 stroker kit 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:50 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

blacksabbath189 wrote:
do you want the long or short story bud....

well i went into auto1 (probably not the smartest move) and asked if they could find out about a 331 stroker kit for me through rocket, after hassling them twice i gave up and decided to go through rocket direct, and get this, after sorting it all out, they sent me a stroker kit for a 5L HOLDEN engine!!!

so i doubt i'll be buying much through there from now on!

That's typical...all these guy's that work at these places are boat anchor heads so, unless it's a boat anchor they don't know what they're talking about. It's so bad they think customers only want parts for boat anchors.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
blacksabbath189 wrote:
do you want the long or short story bud....

well i went into auto1 (probably not the smartest move) and asked if they could find out about a 331 stroker kit for me through rocket, after hassling them twice i gave up and decided to go through rocket direct, and get this, after sorting it all out, they sent me a stroker kit for a 5L HOLDEN engine!!!

so i doubt i'll be buying much through there from now on!

That's typical...all these guy's that work at these places are boat anchor heads so, unless it's a boat anchor they don't know what they're talking about. It's so bad they think customers only want parts for boat anchors.

"blacksabbath189" did the Hoodlem crank have an attachment for a chain or rope?

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

XR9UTE wrote:

a boat anchor head still knows how to pass a part number on to wharehouse. so long as you know what you want it doesn't matter if the guy on the phone doesn't. and just like you or me, they can only know so much. No one can be expected to every thing about every thing.
If you don't know what you want, a sales rep in a wharehouse is the last place you should be looking for advice.

although spending as much as we do with them we have one guy we deal with and he doesn't deal with the public,

Quote:
've found VPW are more likely to whack some off the price of an order.
Probably not such a big consideration for a workshop.

rocket are cheaper to start with most of the time anyway.

but you right, for a work shop the prices are better, and the more you spend the better the prices get.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:30 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

a boat anchor head still knows how to pass a part number on to wharehouse. so long as you know what you want it doesn't matter if the guy on the phone doesn't. and just like you or me, they can only know so much. No one can be expected to every thing about every thing.
If you don't know what you want, a sales rep in a wharehouse is the last place you should be looking for advice.

although spending as much as we do with them we have one guy we deal with and he doesn't deal with the public,

Quote:

but you right, for a work shop the prices are better, and the more you spend the better the prices get.

I know what I want and I ask for it and nowhere did I mention anything about getting advice! Those dumb a*** boat anchor heads still get it wrong! The C*** even try to use it as an excuse that they're into boat anchors!?!
So obviously a Boat anchor head doesn't know how to pass a f**k part number on!

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:

Quote:

I know what I want and I ask for it and nowhere did I mention anything about getting advice! Those dumb a*** boat anchor heads still get it wrong! The C*** even try to use it as an excuse that they're into boat anchors!?!
So obviously a Boat anchor head doesn't know how to pass a f**k part number on!

Love your posts Pete, you beat me as being the most one eye Ford lover when talking about POS GM Boat anchor parts.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:49 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Thanks macca,

Actually It's brought on by the one eyed behaviour of many of the boat anchor heads themselves. I'm very reasonable when talking about cars and parts but if someone wants to start with the Boat anchors are better s**t I'm going to let em have it.

Besides, this is FORDMODS we're entitled to be biased. :D

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Besides, this is FORDMODS we're entitled to be biased. :D

Well they do the same in Boat Anchor Forums about Fords, so I agree, if this was a mixed brand forum there would be a problem, but it isn't so I love giving it to them.

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well i was half tempted to cut the crank in half with a 9 inch and send it back in 2 pieces....

but after i sobered up, it didnt seem like a good idea.....

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

blacksabbath189 wrote:
well i was half tempted to cut the crank in half with a 9 inch and send it back in 2 pieces....

but after i sobered up, it didnt seem like a good idea.....

Well you could have told them you tried to get it to fit. :twisted:

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:52 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

na! better off ssend it back air mail ........straight in to the back of his HEAD!! :lol: :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2