Fordmods Logo

which V8 do you think sounds the best (factory spec) 

 

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 830

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

xy gtho by far the sweetest noise on the earth
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 45

Posts: 206

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon MkII

Location: Manjimup
WA, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
xy gtho by far the sweetest noise on the earth



An angry Clevo takes a lot of beating when it comes to pure sound output.

 

_________________

Kel.
BHR
A/MD 1272
240 inch Dragster
466 Big Block Ford
650hp
8.40 @ 156mph (251kph)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 7

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

AP6 V8 under throttle was a nice sounder;
I have had several 304's, but the LS1 I have sounds better (and performs better too);
Chevs tend to have a shallow bark unlike the potato fords;
253 was nice too;
The XY 351C was the best in my opinion.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:10 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 61

Joined: 21st Dec 2004

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

any one hear the audi pace cars at bathurst they were only 6 s but every one throght they were 8 so the audi 8 must sound good
dont forget the boss 302

 

_________________

power

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 866

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XD 351, FG Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

without a dought HEMI

 

_________________

WINNER:
Best modified car 1980 - 1989 Shannons show and shine 2006
Best XD-XH Darwin All Ford Day 2011

There is no substitute for cubic inches :twisted:

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 866

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XD 351, FG Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

without a dought HEMI

 

_________________

WINNER:
Best modified car 1980 - 1989 Shannons show and shine 2006
Best XD-XH Darwin All Ford Day 2011

There is no substitute for cubic inches :twisted:

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

I must say myself and Ford & Holden fans a like stopped dead in our tracks one Saturday Arvo just to listen to this 1971 XY GTHO in Vermilion fire,(Number plates were ironically: GTHOHO) pulling out of a BP Servo and then take off with a full roar down Station St in Wentworthville. I was told that 351 could even be heard from inside the back of the Video Ezy across the Road.

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 866

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XD 351, FG Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
I must say myself and Ford & Holden fans a like stopped dead in our tracks one Saturday Arvo just to listen to this 1971 XY GTHO in Vermilion fire,(Number plates were ironically: GTHOHO) pulling out of a BP Servo and then take off with a full roar down Station St in Wentworthville. I was told that 351 could even be heard from inside the back of the Video Ezy across the Road.



lol is that all you can hear mine from 2 suburbs away

 

_________________

WINNER:
Best modified car 1980 - 1989 Shannons show and shine 2006
Best XD-XH Darwin All Ford Day 2011

There is no substitute for cubic inches :twisted:

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

Warlock wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
I must say myself and Ford & Holden fans a like stopped dead in our tracks one Saturday Arvo just to listen to this 1971 XY GTHO in Vermilion fire,(Number plates were ironically: GTHOHO) pulling out of a BP Servo and then take off with a full roar down Station St in Wentworthville. I was told that 351 could even be heard from inside the back of the Video Ezy across the Road.



lol is that all you can hear mine from 2 suburbs away


That sounds like a mates Clevo, he was running twin 3" with straight through mufflers, he used to drive it like a d***head all the time so it was easy to pick it was him, but you could never tell where he was going.

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

One Drone wrote:
Many people like Clevo's but to me they sound very rattly and metallicy sorta.. Can't really explain it, but not my kind of note.


Most motors that have a high compression sound tinny. Low comp motors sound heaps deap and rumbly. If your tastes are tinny and high comp then the best sounding V8 would be the LS6 454 fromthe 1970 chevelle or a big block cobra jet of similar vintage. If deep rumble is your thing then the VN to VT1 injected 304's sound seriously sweet. If I didn't have my XF id have one of those. Also a 318 or 360 chrysler V8 has a good rumble in the jungle sound.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 830

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
One Drone wrote:
Many people like Clevo's but to me they sound very rattly and metallicy sorta.. Can't really explain it, but not my kind of note.


Most motors that have a high compression sound tinny. Low comp motors sound heaps deap and rumbly. If your tastes are tinny and high comp then the best sounding V8 would be the LS6 454 fromthe 1970 chevelle or a big block cobra jet of similar vintage. If deep rumble is your thing then the VN to VT1 injected 304's sound seriously sweet. If I didn't have my XF id have one of those. Also a 318 or 360 chrysler V8 has a good rumble in the jungle sound.
dude your in the wrong forum
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Warlock wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
I must say myself and Ford & Holden fans a like stopped dead in our tracks one Saturday Arvo just to listen to this 1971 XY GTHO in Vermilion fire,(Number plates were ironically: GTHOHO) pulling out of a BP Servo and then take off with a full roar down Station St in Wentworthville. I was told that 351 could even be heard from inside the back of the Video Ezy across the Road.



lol is that all you can hear mine from 2 suburbs away


Yeah well I did have time to go and interview people in Blacktown on what they thought of that roaring V8 sound tearing down the main St of Wenty :roll: :D

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

And why is that fordman. Cause the clevo was not at the top of my list? Seriously how many tough cars are out there that don't wear a blue oval badge.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: the list seems to be endless
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

I didnt expect this topic to be so popular but I spose we all love the growl & the lumpyness of a V8 even thow it cost ya more to fill it

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 451

Joined: 29th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR8(EF) & XR8BOSS290 Ute(FG)

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

In completely stock form I dont think anything sounds better than the 220kW AU XR8's, nice idle note as well as a ball tearing noise at high rpm. :twisted:

 

_________________

________________________________________

Better off with not enough traction than not enough power.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names