Fordmods Logo

why is my ef i6 faster than an el xr8 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:25 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR8

ACT, Australia

I am surprised that the six runs even close! I wouldnt be at all surprised if the XR8 wasnt being kicked terribly hard...

Comparing my EF Fairmont that i had converted to manual, with Exhaust system, cam, XR6 chip and all the other basic mods against my manual EL XR8 with a few little tickles, i get to 100 about 2.5 seconds quicker than the fairmont ever used to. 1 st gear absolutey kills the 6, so i ahve an incling that you werent being shown the true colours of the XR8.

I agree, that nothing before the AU3's were terribly exciting as standard compared to what they are rolling off the show rooms these days, but i would be blown away if the slightly modified 6 even comes close to a slightly modified 8.

But on the other hand, you may have some freak Futura. What are you normally doing 0-100 in? I am not asking for official times or anything, just the trusty ol stop watch...

There's no replacement for displacement...

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Why not just have a run against it and see if your car's really quicker?

Iv'e gotta agree line it up you will be surprised!, a mate of mine has an EF XR6 and Iv'e got the EL XR8 and when I got her I took him for a spin & he said I think my b**ch will keep up or even go past it, so I offered him a little wager (bottle of JIMMY!,by the way I had already raced an AU VCT XR6 and blew him) any way 0-40 he stayed next to me, 40-80 I gained a car length ,80-180 I made aprox 5 lengths ,then his limiter kicked in and I found that my car never had one fitted (X police, not pesuit just a D car) I found my XR8 to be quicker in econ as it still has that pothetic HO manifold and doesn't like high revs :twisted: :twisted:

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

a mate had an auto ef xr6, and i swear it felt quicker than my 5spd ef.
lined him up one day, pulled 1/2 car length by 60, 1 carlength to 100, and backed off, all that with a dodgy take-off, so i was real surprised.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

u could have a freak car. it happens! a guy i know has a vn exec base model heap-o-s**t standard 3.8L v6, but f**k it hammers for some reason, me and my mates reckon its a freak, it gets up and moves, (im talking stock standard, nothing done to it apart from cheap mag wheels.)

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: eb xr6

WA, Australia

I beat a el xr8 manual with 3" exhaust extractors, some induction s**t in my eb xr6... even after 100 still couldnt catch up

was at drags btw

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

kenny wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
Why not just have a run against it and see if your car's really quicker?

Iv'e gotta agree line it up you will be surprised!, a mate of mine has an EF XR6 and Iv'e got the EL XR8 and when I got her I took him for a spin & he said I think my b**ch will keep up or even go past it, so I offered him a little wager (bottle of JIMMY!,by the way I had already raced an AU VCT XR6 and blew him) any way 0-40 he stayed next to me, 40-80 I gained a car length ,80-180 I made aprox 5 lengths ,then his limiter kicked in and I found that my car never had one fitted (X police, not pesuit just a D car) I found my XR8 to be quicker in econ as it still has that pothetic HO manifold and doesn't like high revs :twisted: :twisted:

Talking about high revs, if im foot to the floor changing into 3rd from 2nd (In "D" and adaptive shift mode), the revs go off the fkn tacho FFS!
Tha manual staes something like "do not be alarmed if your engine revs into or past the redzone of your tachometer, its made for bla bla bla" still i dont like the idea of 7k cutoff! :shock: :shock: :shock:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Daniel wrote:
Talking about high revs, if im foot to the floor changing into 3rd from 2nd (In "D" and adaptive shift mode), the revs go off the fkn tacho FFS!
Tha manual staes something like "do not be alarmed if your engine revs into or past the redzone of your tachometer, its made for bla bla bla" still i dont like the idea of 7k cutoff! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Windsor can hack it :wink: Of course redlining in 2nd well within the posted speed limit? 8-)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

I wish i got to test drive that ELII XR8 i was looking at way back mmm 187kw!!! :D

Oh well im happy with my six, so yeah. I wouldnt mind a V8 thou :wink:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU III XR8 347ci

ACT, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
I wish i got to test drive that ELII XR8 i was looking at way back mmm 187kw!!! :D

Oh well im happy with my six, so yeah. I wouldnt mind a V8 thou :wink:

Mate, trade ur 6 in for the 8!! :wink:

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Too late now, lol gotta pay the b**ch off first!!! :roll: Depending on how Ford prices go in the next 2 years, after ive payed it off im considering trading her in for a V8!

Not sure what model but yeah ne V8 would be nice :wink:

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Too late now, lol gotta pay the b**ch off first!!! :roll: Depending on how Ford prices go in the next 2 years, after ive payed it off im considering trading her in for a V8!

Not sure what model but yeah ne V8 would be nice :wink:

Haha!
Ive upgraded from a 250 XF falcon myself, lol, so yeh im loving the v8 at the moment! :lol:

From memory, you used to own an XF aswell didnt ya?

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Windsor can hack it :wink: Of course redlining in 2nd well within the posted speed limit? 8-)

Um, maybe if i was going upa huge a** hill, lol!

I am honeslty doubting my next car will be a ford, being 18/19 and having a mint FBT there isnt much room for me to go up in, i mean i like them heaps and love my fairlanes, but BA fairlanes dont do it for me..
God knows when i go for my next car i wont be able to afford a brand new (coming model) fairlane if they look good, im honestly thinking a jaguar will be my next car, an x type or something..
I like the big jags but they are still mucho dollaro and doubt they will fall much in the next 5years.

If i dont s/c the fbt i will prolly get a 1997ish lwb jag with the s/c v8 if i cant afford a newer one :cry:

fkn fbt has got me hooked on luxo barges! :o

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Quote:
Haha!
Ive upgraded from a 250 XF falcon myself, lol, so yeh im loving the v8 at the moment!

LOL, yep but i sold that! :P Then i got my XR6 BBIIIIGGG improvement :wink:

Not sure about what i will get next thou, by the time ive paid the XR off hopefully AUIII XR8's will have dropped in price :wink: [/quote]

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Quote:
Haha!
Ive upgraded from a 250 XF falcon myself, lol, so yeh im loving the v8 at the moment!

LOL, yep but i sold that! :P Then i got my XR6 BBIIIIGGG improvement :wink:

Not sure about what i will get next thou, by the time ive paid the XR off hopefully AUIII XR8's will have dropped in price :wink:
[/quote]

Haha! Yeah exact same for me, i love the AUIII XR8's but yeah was way out of my budget! ..Instead i picked up an el xr8 5 speed in mint cond for 15,300 with only 80ks on the clock! Pretty impressed wiv that! :wink:

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Quote:
Haha! Yeah exact same for me, i love the AUIII XR8's but yeah was way out of my budget! ..Instead i picked up an el xr8 5 speed in mint cond for 15,300 with only 80ks on the clock! Pretty impressed wiv that!

WHAT!!! Lucky you

Damn the ELII XR8 that i was looking at was $17,999 had 110,000kms and tint ect the usual stuff.

But i paid $13,999 just for my XR6!!!! Grrr i had over 160,000 on the clock too oh well. :roll: at least its got good stock power lol.

AUIII XR8's are now in the mid $20K mar around here so hopefully they drop past that. :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next