XB 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: XB
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

hey yall, im in the process of lookin and buyin an old ford xb falcon or fairmont. now i am new to the world of the v8 and are curious to kno how good and reliable the 302 or 351 cleveland motor is. does it chew a heap of fuel? much performance? and how long do they last, ie how many kms is too much? any more info would b nice too. :D

thank u all for ur help.

covers

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I had an 302 XC for a couple of months, the engine was great, it had been sitting stationary, had not moved for 9 months and still started and drove well when I went and picked it up.
I'd love for someone to crash into my EF and write it off so that I can afford to get it back.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

Im the 2nd owner of my XB (see my gallery) the car is a Decmber '73 model and still has the original cleveland motor and goes great. Not bad for a 30 year old car.

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

Samsy wrote:
Im the 2nd owner of my XB (see my gallery) the car is a Decmber '73 model and still has the original cleveland motor and goes great. Not bad for a 30 year old car.

damn..... i've got a 75 XB GS, same purple/silver colours sitting on a friends farm waiting for some TLC.....

Banned

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XB 351 V8 & BA GT

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
Samsy wrote:

damn..... i've got a 75 XB GS, same purple/silver colours sitting on a friends farm waiting for some TLC.....

Cool! You know not many Mulberry coloured XBs were produced! Ford only used the colour from '73 to'75 You got any pics?

XB 351 and BA GT

FordMods No: 288

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Samsy wrote:
Cool! You know not many Mulberry coloured XBs were produced! Ford only used the colour from '73 to'75

I had a 73 XB Fairmont Coupe that had originally been painted Mulberry, then some d***head painted it white.

Total of 110 GT sedans and 58 GT coupes were Mulberry, from http://xbgt.info stats.

I love Mulberry, has anyone seen the genuine Mulberry GT Coupe that has a 502CI Ford 385 BB and drag races?

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Samsy wrote:
Interceptor wrote:
Samsy wrote:

Cool! You know not many Mulberry coloured XBs were produced! Ford only used the colour from '73 to'75 You got any pics?

i got a couple of pix from the original owner 3-4 years back, scanned them at the time and i *might* still have them somewhere around..... i'll keep an eye out

originally IIRC it was mulberry with silver GS stripes, 12 slotters and S-pack style centre caps, white interior with front bench seat and 302/column shift auto, now it's still mulberry, but the 302 is long gone, and a set of 6cyl engine mounts are in there, so god alone knows how many owners it's had, and i dont even know if it's going to be a worthwhile proposition to restore her as she's suffering from a lil bit of cancer (most notably the torque boxes behind the front wheels)

hopes were for a sleeper 351 and a full GT interior with a floor shift C10, but i guess i'll have to wait and see

Banned

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Pity you're on the other side of the country, as i've got an XB GS i'm looking to get rid of.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: xf wagon

VIC, Australia

XD Interceptor wrote:
Pity you're on the other side of the country, as i've got an XB GS i'm looking to get rid of.

how much and whats it need?

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

yerr i luv that muscle car look. i havent seem to come across any decent xb coupe yet, but im sure der is one out there....just gotta keep lookin :shock:

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

covers wrote:
yerr i luv that muscle car look. i havent seem to come across any decent xb coupe yet, but im sure der is one out there....just gotta keep lookin :shock:

good luck, f**k yanks are buying them up so they can pretend that they're mad max

Banned

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

[quote="Interceptor

hopes were for a sleeper 351 and a full GT interior with a floor shift C10, but i guess i'll have to wait and see[/quote]

Sorry mate, no XB can ever be a true sleeper. Everyone who knows a pinch of s**t about cars knows you line up against a XA/B/C with a 351 and you get owned!! :lol:

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

lol the end result i want isnt so much a traffic light racer, but a more or less authentic restoration, but with a little more go

Banned

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

My XB doesn't really need much besides the auto which slips a bit but still drives. Car is straight and has virtually no rust. chasing about $2500, as it's just sitting there at the moment.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

I have an XB Coupe that was originally Mullbery. It is currently Mazda Marine Blue (I think).

From factory it was a 302C with a 4 speed (more than likely a BW Single rail). Right now it has a 351C from a ZJ fairlane (july '79), C4, 9" diff. My old clevelands have always been very reliable.

The only real trouble the XBs had were electrics. The light switch failing is common. It's a good idea to put in some relays in to relieve some load on the switch. I will do that to mine soon. My old coupe already had it done.

My favourite car of all time is the XB GT Coupe. Mine may not be a GT but is as close as I can afford.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next