XH XR8 manual into NF Fairlane v8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: XH XR8 manual into NF Fairlane v8
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Hi guys,

I recently bought a XH series 2 XR8 manual and to the disappointment of many I only want the manual transmission for my NF fairlane.

I have a few questions regarding the conversion. Been looking at doing a manual conversion for awhile now and have read a few manual conversion builds, mostly 6cyl or straight sedan to sedan. Will everything I need be in the XH? eg, pedal box fit, gearbox correct length/input shaft, driveshaft. It was a bit of a rushed purchase and didn't have enough time to fully research it. I knew I needed a V8 box, so when I saw this I jumped on it. I will be running a j3 chip (not yet installed) to eliminate the need for a manual computer.

My second question is I don't want to see the XH go to waste so I would like to put the auto from my fairlane into it. I have searched but haven't seen any build threads about converting manual to auto. Is there anything I will need, or need to do to ensure the auto works? I could purchase another j3 for the XH manual ECU, or purchase a auto ECU to suit. Besides that just bolt it up and put some transmission cooler lines in?

Would like some clarity in my head before I jump in and attack it. All input appreciated.

Cheers Anthony

Post subject: Re: XH XR8 manual into NF Fairlane v8
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

No help but good move on the manual V8 NF, I'm piecing bits for my NF's conversion together slowly! :D

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]