XR6T to XR8 Dart a few more cubes 

Page 1 of 5 [ 64 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: XR6T to XR8 Dart a few more cubes
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUIII XR6T, Land bruiser

QLD, Australia

Hey guys just wondering what yous think of this combo.New Dart block, AFR heads, Scat stroker Crank (347 i'm pretty sure) and rods, JE pistons, Acl bearings. Builder wants to bore block to 4.125 havern't decided on cam yet most likley solid roller i think if thats right, so it can rev to about 7000rpm+? looking for some help on what mainifolds, throtle body or body's, spark, oil pump and timing systems to use.

cheers in advance
Chris

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Post subject: Re: XR6T to XR8 Dart a few more cubes
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

I know my mate capare is going to be running an rpm2 manifold on his 363 stroker, also on fordforums im pretty sure theres an au 363cui stroker running that same manifold.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

Hey Chris
Your basicaly wanting to build something close to what im currently building. I'll just give you a bit of a low down on my set up.
Bottom end
*Dart SHP 800hp rated 363ci short block assembly: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-SHORT-BLOCK ... 563aca4612
*Mellings high volume oil pump
*Power bound harmonic balancer
*High energy oil pan (That pretty much is the bottom end covered for about 7k! cheap as chips for quality gear)
Top end
*Worked Sportsman 225cc heads
*Trickflow 1.72 roller rockers
*Comp cams XE282HR hydrolic roller cam with a power band of 2600-6500rpm (Thats the cam you want)
*Edelbrock RPM 2 intake manifold
*BBK throttle body 70mm (might be a touch small but im not concerned)
*90mm lighting maf
*Ford Racing 39lb injectors
*Ford Racing valve covers
*comp cams timing chain (Thats most of the top end)
Exhaust
*1.3/4 headers
*High flow 2.5in cats
*Full 3in system with single glass packed muffler
Your looking at an impressive 450-500fwhp combo with a price tag to match around 17000k after assembled and tuned. You can go on the cheap but you get what you pay for at the end of the day.
I wouldn't recomend a solid cam, you might be able to run a more agressive profile and make more power from it but they wear out and are not as reliable.
Im going to run an MSD cap and rotor on my stock dissy and 10mm leads and tune with an SCT piggy back, probably set rev limiter to 7000 or 8000rpm havnt decided yet.
What are your power goals, your budget and your grand plan?
Matt

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cam and manifold are not the best match up in my oppinion becuz of the head ur using as with that head u have 2 at least pull it to 7000rpm. Id be more inclined to go Edelbrock Victor and a custom cam to suit package.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... _50l.shtml

The manifold will need to be machined down as ports dont match heads very well and much easier to port as u will need to for 225cc heads.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Mickyyyy trust me capare isnt rooting about he knows exactly what hes got and what hes doing, its funny about tyre kickers they are always to tight to spend the money for quality parts which cost...

Capare if you do decide to change manifolds ill take that rpm2 off ya ok bud :lol:

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

put a straight edge on the pickup flange from high energy when you get it...
not much fun taking the f**k sump off a 2nd time because you didn't check it when you first put it on and you've now got no oil pressure when you try to prime it :x
that was one beef with mine, cant to totally blame them, i should have checked, but the pans also don't have alot of clearance to the k frame or the road.
they sit a fair bit lower then the k frame, not real good on a lowered car, my drain bolt is now 50% smaller :lol:
and the wings being fairly wide make it harder then it already is to get to the pan bolts, 1/4" drive uni and some tape or heavy grease will be your best friends.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

RAPTOR_XR8

Thats cool bud im just giving some friendly advice and just had another read and he can achive his goals with a AFR185cc head.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

An AFR185 head would be too small for a 363, I'd go for a 205. Ask XH5LTWPN for advice on building a 500hp Torque monster 363!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUIII XR6T, Land bruiser

QLD, Australia

Cheers for the comments guys, love this forum. the purpose of this car is fun, it will be skidded it will be raced (down the strip) and will be cruised around on a Thursday night. would love to be able to drive it on the highway for road trips but not necessary. budget not worried at the moment.

Thanks capare for the parts list sounds like my cup of tea :twisted:

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

AFR185cc head isent small for his 450-500 hp goals as they flow enough but i also do prefer a 205cc head and i would definatly go TFS205cc head. The TFS205cc head has a 15 degreee angle which i think is better for flow plus with a 4.125 bore the valve is more centred on the piston which is also better.

The TFS205cc head has proven to make 20hp more than the AFR205cc head and pull harder in the top end.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

My mates 363ci is running AFR185's with an RPMII manifold.
Imo if you go any bigger with the heads, you need a much higher flowing, shorter runnered manifold to get the HP.
The RPMII and 75mm T/B are still a restriction on his 363ci with the 185 heads.
IMO if your chasing HP from a 363ci use a 205cc head, 225 is too big IMO and 185 is great for a street built torque monster.

With a 225cc head on a 363ci engine, and wanting to stay EFI, IMO you need to go to a single plane manifold and 4bbl T/B.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I would go custom mech cam next time..
With slightly milder specs but it'll rev being a mech cam..
In most where mech cams wear is due to being race spec...
Talk this over with the cam guy.. He'll custom grind a durable cam...
Engine and valve train wise...
The lifter are quite heavy on
hydro rollers...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XH5LWEPN is right on the money and the bigger the head u go the more rpms u have to run but basically going from 185 to 205 head u can make an extra 40-50hp then going 205 to 225 another 40-50hp, but this has to be tied in with right manifold and cam.

Id love to use a PRO-FLO XT MANIFOLD if going for high revs but TB is facing wrong way so Victor or Trickflow box manifolds will work well when ported.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... ford.shtml

http://www.trickflow.com/egnsearch.asp? ... toview=sku

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 am 
Stock as a Rock

MICKYYYY wrote:
Cam and manifold are not the best match up in my oppinion becuz of the head ur using as with that head u have 2 at least pull it to 7000rpm. Id be more inclined to go Edelbrock Victor and a custom cam to suit package.

The manifold will need to be machined down as ports dont match heads very well and much easier to port as u will need to for 225cc heads.

Well MICKYYYY if you must know i bought my hole top end from TERRORIST GHIA and it pulled 190rwkw N/A and 270rwkw on the bottle on a stock bottom end with a compression ratio of 8.3.1 (very low and still mad descent power!) . The low comp was a result of the heads being to large for a stock 302w bottom end, the cam and manifold are perfect for my power needs.
My sportsman 225cc heads with 68cc chambers 208 intake and 1.9 exhaust valves will flow 550hp! they are the equivlant of an AFR 205cc, Manifold will be port matched and heads will recive a tidy up in the intake runners.
Matt

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:50 am 
Stock as a Rock

Steady ED wrote:
put a straight edge on the pickup flange from high energy when you get it...
not much fun taking the f**k sump off a 2nd time because you didn't check it when you first put it on and you've now got no oil pressure when you try to prime it :x
that was one beef with mine, cant to totally blame them, i should have checked, but the pans also don't have alot of clearance to the k frame or the road.
they sit a fair bit lower then the k frame, not real good on a lowered car, my drain bolt is now 50% smaller :lol:
and the wings being fairly wide make it harder then it already is to get to the pan bolts, 1/4" drive uni and some tape or heavy grease will be your best friends.

Sounds like you had some fun STEADY ED lol thanks for the advice mate i very much apreciate it :) altho im getting Joe at CMS to throw it all together and tune it so there are no mistakes made, i just dont want to fork out big $$$ and something goes wrong because of my inexperience! if i was just doing a gt40p upgrade i would attempt it myself.
Thanks Matt

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next