Fordmods Logo

!!!XR8 Boss 260!!!! 

 

Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 191

Joined: 22nd May 2006

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BF XR8

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

That blows, can you change the rev limater yourself?

 

_________________

2006 BF XR8 VORTECH @ 6psi w/m injec 350rkws

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

my car has no rev limiter but would most likely refuse to go over 6000rpm, Highest iv had it is 5600
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 912

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Ride: XR8

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Fordpwr wrote:
That blows, can you change the rev limater yourself?


Negative

 

_________________

03 XR8 ute.... 251.5rwkw and counting
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3928

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

Location: Now in Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Have you considered the 6 speed auto box, ive heard nothing but praise about that box.
But yeah as said some good breathing mods and exhaust system will get the thing going quickly.

 

_________________

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 662

Joined: 4th Sep 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Riddells Creek
VIC, Australia

WEll good luck with your choice - the turbo 6 may have its turbo good properties but you just cant be the sound and the v8 feeling - as everyone else has said - exhaust cai and edit and you will be motoring along nicely!! and sounding good as well!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:07 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 22

Joined: 2nd May 2006

Ride: 429 CJ XR7 & EL 5.0 Ghia

Location: Coffs Harbour
NSW, Australia

change the boost and get a chip, exhaust and bigger frontmount and you have an XR6T Beast.

But I love a supercharged V8 anyday...go the Boss and whack a friggin blower on it with some exhaust mods and better breathing as formentioned.

Boss 260 + 6speed manual or auto is still gonna be awesome regardless so follow your f**k heart champ.

 

_________________

"Commodores are an error I intend to correct."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4849

Joined: 19th Feb 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

does the xr8 have a lower rev limit then the 6's due to a wear and tear engine safety precaution or something to do with noise pollution?

 

_________________

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 169

Joined: 27th Jun 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF XR8 5spd

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Both have a factory setting of 5900rpm as far as I know.

 

_________________

EF XR8 5spd: 302ci /178rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 912

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Ride: XR8

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

kato wrote:
Both have a factory setting of 5900rpm as far as I know.


i think ur right... Now i have a Edit it has been moved to 6250rpm from what i could see

 

_________________

03 XR8 ute.... 251.5rwkw and counting
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: !!!XR8 Boss 260!!!!
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

Fordpwr wrote:
Help me out
???Question time????
0-100kms?
0-400m?

is it faster then the new HSV?
:?

Im getn 1 VERY soon BF XR8 manual...
:lol:


XR8 = 0-100 in 6.16 and 0-400 in 14.40
VY SS = 0-100 in 5.82 and 0-400 in 13.97
VY Clubsport = 0-100 in 5.78 and 0-400 in 14.06
XR6T = 0-100 in 5.91 and 0-400 in 14.14

All these times were taken from an Aussie car shootout in Motor mag.

No chance of any Ford product being faster than the 6.0 litre Clubbies. The Tyhpoon has the best chance of beating that thing, and has done in one comparo I've read.

By the way, you are one lucky bastard to be able to afford a BF XR8. :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: !!!XR8 Boss 260!!!!
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 596

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
Fordpwr wrote:
Help me out
???Question time????
0-100kms?
0-400m?

is it faster then the new HSV?
:?

Im getn 1 VERY soon BF XR8 manual...
:lol:


XR8 = 0-100 in 6.16 and 0-400 in 14.40
VY SS = 0-100 in 5.82 and 0-400 in 13.97
VY Clubsport = 0-100 in 5.78 and 0-400 in 14.06
XR6T = 0-100 in 5.91 and 0-400 in 14.14

All these times were taken from an Aussie car shootout in Motor mag.

No chance of any Ford product being faster than the 6.0 litre Clubbies. The Tyhpoon has the best chance of beating that thing, and has done in one comparo I've read.

By the way, you are one lucky bastard to be able to afford a BF XR8. :D

The best recorded time for the BA XR8 mkII is actually 13.99, at eastern creek and was the only car to break the 14 sec barrier, but the same car was 2.4 sec slower around the circuit than the VY SS, which was a one lap wonder due to the brakes, tyres, engine and susspension becoming too unpredictable after 3 laps. This was done by Motor magazine early 2005, BTW, the GT was the slowest up the 1/4, same lap time as XR8 but had the second best top speed around the creek, with the 6 litre being the top car, but for the price the least value car. The XR6t was a huge dissapointment on the day?
Motor magazine have put it down to the abuse mode in the ecu (torque control) being a bit overexcited.
when it comes to the lights I think it could be anyones victory/loss, coming down to the drivers exp/state of mind.

 

_________________

Image
IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

The typhoon is the real yardstick for the turbo 6. Given the 6 speed auto is in the 13s you cannot knock it. It's pretty much the only ford I've heard of beating the 6L's at the drags.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 866

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XD 351, FG Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

saw your new car yesterday looks nice. ha ha i saw it b4 you did

 

_________________

WINNER:
Best modified car 1980 - 1989 Shannons show and shine 2006
Best XD-XH Darwin All Ford Day 2011

There is no substitute for cubic inches :twisted:

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: !!!XR8 Boss 260!!!!
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

kenny wrote:
downingj wrote:
Fordpwr wrote:
Help me out
???Question time????
0-100kms?
0-400m?

is it faster then the new HSV?
:?

Im getn 1 VERY soon BF XR8 manual...
:lol:


XR8 = 0-100 in 6.16 and 0-400 in 14.40
VY SS = 0-100 in 5.82 and 0-400 in 13.97
VY Clubsport = 0-100 in 5.78 and 0-400 in 14.06
XR6T = 0-100 in 5.91 and 0-400 in 14.14

All these times were taken from an Aussie car shootout in Motor mag.

No chance of any Ford product being faster than the 6.0 litre Clubbies. The Tyhpoon has the best chance of beating that thing, and has done in one comparo I've read.

By the way, you are one lucky bastard to be able to afford a BF XR8. :D

The best recorded time for the BA XR8 mkII is actually 13.99, at eastern creek and was the only car to break the 14 sec barrier, but the same car was 2.4 sec slower around the circuit than the VY SS, which was a one lap wonder due to the brakes, tyres, engine and susspension becoming too unpredictable after 3 laps. This was done by Motor magazine early 2005, BTW, the GT was the slowest up the 1/4, same lap time as XR8 but had the second best top speed around the creek, with the 6 litre being the top car, but for the price the least value car. The XR6t was a huge dissapointment on the day?
Motor magazine have put it down to the abuse mode in the ecu (torque control) being a bit overexcited.
when it comes to the lights I think it could be anyones victory/loss, coming down to the drivers exp/state of mind.


Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see an XR6T, an XR8, a GT, and an F6, and my car all lined up at the lights (my car just for fun :D ). All manual and see what happens. It would be interesting for sure.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 1538

Joined: 4th May 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

spend a little more money and buy a typhoon, ive seen many at drags pulling 13z with simple exaust mods, surely no stock 6.0l hsv can beat that.

 

_________________

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names