Fordmods Logo

!!!XR8 Boss 260!!!! 

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ba xr8 auto

WA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Thats right shut your eyes because you hate the truth.

Thats what the last boss owner said when he lined me up and got his a*** whomped..

My close friend has a boss 290 GT-P. He drove mine, he said (actual words)

"I thought mine had some power, but after yours mine is a slug" lie a good stereo, its the best sound you will ever hear until you hear better.

Ive never seen a comparo when the boss 260 or a 290 beat an LS1 in speed. never
your in the wrong forum here and just for the record i blew a gto monaro of the planet the other day in an ba xr8 all i saw was his head lights in my rear view mirror

Holy Crap what was that, that my son was BLACK LIGHTNING!!!!!!
boss 260 with BPT motorsport tune helix tower power spacer C.A.I kit 25% under drive kit cat back twin 2.5" exhaust 250-260kw at the rears

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BF XR8

NT, Australia

gt-cobra wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
Thats right shut your eyes because you hate the truth.

Thats what the last boss owner said when he lined me up and got his a*** whomped..

My close friend has a boss 290 GT-P. He drove mine, he said (actual words)

"I thought mine had some power, but after yours mine is a slug" lie a good stereo, its the best sound you will ever hear until you hear better.

Ive never seen a comparo when the boss 260 or a 290 beat an LS1 in speed. never
your in the wrong forum here and just for the record i blew a gto monaro of the planet the other day in an ba xr8 all i saw was his head lights in my rear view mirror
Thats the stuff gotta love the new model falcons hey there under rated I belive, People should check themselfs before spiting crap like that!!! EB V8

2006 BF XR8 VORTECH @ 6psi w/m injec 350rkws

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

gotta agree fordpowa least ford is constantly refining the falcon , h####n"s
only answer is keep putin a bigga mota in :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Why does this fool EB V8 keep trying to post s**t on here.
Yes we are aware that the LS1's can produce good power, no the motor isn't reliable, no the gearbox isn't any good, and the chassis, well i somehow bet you don't know the only reason none of the new Commodores have over 300kw? Because the chassis can't handle it.
Lets be serious here, anything like an SS will of course keep up with an XR8, they're basically line and ball. It will come down to how much you wish to throw at the damn thing.
For the Last god knows how many years, the Falcon's have been the better car overall. The only thing that saved the Commodores was getting the LS1 imported over here. (and the AU's looks)
Why don't you just get your hand off it, and drive a Falcon thats similar to yours...
If you could admit that one would keep up with your beloved Gen3, then you might bother to see how it actually drives and looks.

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF XR8 5spd

NSW, Australia

Well said!

EF XR8 5spd: 302ci /178rwkw

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xlsv8ute

SA, Australia

correct me if im wrong but the ba-bf v8s are MODULAR motors not BOSS motors. my windsor is close to these kws with only a bit of mods! Modular motors will go BOOM with to many mods, basically a f250 truck motor designed in the states in the 90s
chris
the real BOSS is the only BOSS motor

go the CROWS

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

chrisredden wrote:
Modular motors will go BOOM with to many mods, basically a f250 truck motor designed in the states in the 90s

Yeah, they are "modular" motors. So is the engine in the Ford GT, the 03/04 "Terminator" SVT Cobra's, and the new Shelby GT500 Mustang.

So what if they are "truck motor". Even the Windsor was initially designed as a truck motor....lol

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:13 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ba xr8 auto

WA, Australia

accually the boss engine is not out of a truck as everyone is to belive the 220kw 3 valve that you can get in the ba xt 'barra' falcon is the engine out of the truck and the boss engines are a complete new design so i have just found out, ask you local for dealer and they will tell you that this is the case, there is a lot of confusion over the boss engine and it being out of a light truck and its not true ford have designedc a complete new engine thats why there isnt alot of aftermarket components for them as there is still alot of r&d going on if they were out of a truck then there would be a hell of alot more gear on the market for them you no what the yanks are like they like to hot everything up

Holy Crap what was that, that my son was BLACK LIGHTNING!!!!!!
boss 260 with BPT motorsport tune helix tower power spacer C.A.I kit 25% under drive kit cat back twin 2.5" exhaust 250-260kw at the rears

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

The boss motor is a mix from the parts bin,5.4 litre block,4.6 litre cobra heads(i think i know they are from the 4.6 but not sure if cobra heads).

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

Ford i belive has done well with the engine even if its a bit of this and that, the outcome has impressed me, its no slow V8 !!!

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
What about Manual BA XR8 vs Auto VT SS?
Yeeeaaaahhh... didn't think of that one did ya???

I'd still be keen on the VT2 SS ftw :P.

And EBV8 gotta agree with you, my uncle has a VZ SS with a straight through twin pipe remus exhaust (other than that it's a stock 5 speed auto), and I've been with him as we mauled several Boss's, including the GT.

Damn, how did he get a 5 speed Auto VZ SS, holden have only got that box behind the Alloytec 190 u sure u dont mean the 4 speed crunch box auto?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

Who gives 2...see the coment he made what a load of...this is a true blue ford forum check the background its not red.. no time for neg talk! lets not turn this into lion talk.

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Fordpwr> nice car mate, I see you are in the NT so you can actually use the thing LOL
As for the Boss Vs LS1 or 2
Lets see what happens in few years when some aftermarket Cams and heads become available for the Boss, or better yet just dump the U.S Ford GT 5.4 into the XR8 Now, cause that thing Moves!!!!

The Ford is a better overall package and I have been in and driven both, the Chevy engine is about the only good thing Holden is offering

As for this rubbish

LS1 will hammer boss every day of the week. Lets not kid ourselves> Ultra Tune Kalgoorlie, I think that guys Boss V8 Will give ya LS1 a wake up call.

Thats what the last boss owner said when he lined me up and got his a*** whomped> What by Modified LS1 Chev in a Light commodore betting a probably stock Boss V8 in a Heavy falcon, gee what a surprise!!!!

If you want V8 get LS1, better. > Wasn’t the LS1 scraped because the oil burner couldn’t meat new emission laws LOL.

Face it mate ya engine is outdated it’s old technology.

Cheers.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

PUBLIC NOTICE Just so every one knows I have been smashing Holden VZ V8 and VE V8 common crap, but with some better fuel I always run thro my car lol love it you may ask for evidence that i will supply when my mate wants to drag me in his vz ute gen 4 crap it will be close but a win is a win, both stock as engines !!
SHES RUN IN AT 11000KMS running liker a dream (110 octane DOSE HELP) :)

I know alot of you out there will love this.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

Ill admit to been a REV HEAD!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next