75 Mk3 (II) Cortina! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 75 Mk3 (II) Cortina!
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: TD Cortina

VIC, Australia

Howdy guys!

I figure this is about the ONLY place I appropriate the corty to...

So I've got the 3.3 in my corty at the moment with a bung transmission and an oil leak (oil leaking from the connection between flywheel case and another near rocker cover (maybe? Engine was to hot to get near it, will investigate on the weekend)

I also have an XF that I... well I lost interest in fixing it due to... Well me being lazy and needing fuel economy at the time. And I was young and had no idea about cars at the time.

Aaanyway.

The transmission out of the XF is already out and is about to be fitted to the Corty.

(Question, the shifter on the B&W box, is that on the same side as the corty box?)

2nd... What am I looking at to drop the XF 4.1 into the corty? Also, is it worth a rebuild? I'm not sure on the K's it's done however one day it just ran like s**t, would only idle or run full throttle, also started blowing smoke. We know the Air Flow meter sensory thingymajig is busted, would this 'cause the above? Also a little suspect about the ECU.

I'm a little new to "modding" as such but I love my corty and she needs some new legs.

Dave.

CORTINA POWER!
1975 Ford TD Cortina. Fear the flames.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

If by the airflow sensory thingamyjig, you mean the mass flow sensor then yes. A d**k will cause these symptoms.

If your ECU thinks there is heaps of air going in it adds heaps of fuel. If the heaps of air is not there, pooooof, black smoke. If there is heaps more air than the ECU knows about, bang, blown piston.

Fix the MAF before you go anywhere.

These things are really simple. It basically a hinged door, and the air blowing past it forces it open. It has a pot on it's shaft and this tells the computer the position of hte door and therefore the amount of air flow. The door opens further for more air.

This pot is adjustable. Really easy.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]