Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Diff in XE help
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Triton ute BA Futura

VIC, Australia

Ok nine inch conversion is in the xe

Watts link thou is bent cause the diff sits back a bit further

Any ideas on what i can do to the link to straighten it up?

Post subject: nine inch (9") diff conversion XE - XF
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:32 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

This is from the user FPV_gtp who i contacted in relation to getting my 9 inch done.

I'm in St Albans call me at work on 93667131

The biggest problem i have seen with nine inch conversions for XE onward cars is the back wattslink is not done correctly cause the ford nine has a hug hump on the rear of the housing and pushes the wattslink further out the back

which makes it sit out of alignment in the center of the car as apposed to where it bolts up to the chassis of the car

I correct this with a modified watts link center section which involves making a bearing bracket insted of a bush which adds extra costs

its a bit hard to explain but if you have a look under someones car thats had the conversion done i can garrantte 90% of them are mis_aligned

IF you decided to use my services i will need 7 working days to finish the diff for you as im bussy at work

IF you provide me all the materials as in the diff housings and axles and a rear diff covers of a Borg Warner then my labour cost is $495 which includes a proper drain and filler plugs on the housing, plus extra for the wattslink modification of $165

if you have any further questions dont hesistate to ask

Im not the cheapest but i know my jobs is done right , so do your home work when asking other places that modify diffs

Im not a backyard place i have been doing diffs for over 20 years and work out of my own workshop

cheers

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]