Fordmods Logo

Heater hoses 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Heater hoses
Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi all i hope i can get some help here as its getting a little chilly in the P Van ok what the problem is i have only had the van for about 4 weeks now and there isnt any heater hoses conecting to the firewall i can see the hoses but i dont know what two do i use oh and its a duelfuel van also

Thanks in advance XF_VanMan

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

not soo sure about the LPG setups, but you'll need 3 hoses and a heater tap, there's a short L shaped one that comes off one of the heater pipes on the firewall, heater tap goes into that, and the shorter of the 2 remaining hoses goes onto the other side of the heater tap and then onto the block above the water pump (there's probably a hose jonging the 2 heater outlets on the pump), the remaining hose should be flared and will have a bit of a bend on the end of it........ it goes from the water pump to the heater at the firewall

go to repco/autopro/etc for the hoses

Banned

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
not soo sure about the LPG setups, but you'll need 3 hoses and a heater tap, there's a short L shaped one that comes off one of the heater pipes on the firewall, heater tap goes into that, and the shorter of the 2 remaining hoses goes onto the other side of the heater tap and then onto the block above the water pump (there's probably a hose jonging the 2 heater outlets on the pump), the remaining hose should be flared and will have a bit of a bend on the end of it........ it goes from the water pump to the heater at the firewall

Ok thanks as it looks like they have stolen the hoses and placed them on the gas as thats whats throwen me out so much

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

XF_VanMan wrote:
Interceptor wrote:

Ok thanks as it looks like they have stolen the hoses and placed them on the gas as thats whats throwen me out so much

The LPG convertor should be plumbed into the heater hoses using 'T' Pieces prior to the heater tap if this isn't done then with the heater tap closed the flow into the convertor is also shut off resulting in the covertor freezing over.

Be careful connecting them up to the existing heater core, the core may be f**k and that might be the real reason it is disconnected.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

The LPG convertor should be plumbed into the heater hoses using 'T' Pieces prior to the heater tap if this isn't done then with the heater tap closed the flow into the convertor is also shut off resulting in the covertor freezing over.

Be careful connecting them up to the existing heater core, the core may be f**k and that might be the real reason it is disconnected.[/quote]

Ok so think i might try and place a garden hose in one and block the other and if the floor fills up with water then i know what i will have to get as it does make u think more to the point of y its not conected

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]