Fordmods Logo

Nc Tickford 6 into Xc 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4

Joined: 18th Apr 2017

Ride: XC GXL

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Hey guys I have a tickford 6 in my xc now all I have to do is wire it up. I'm not sure if it can be wired straight to the ignition or if I have to modify anything? i know theres the smart lock can I bypass it or get rid of it completely?

not looking at changing the engine at this stage I don't have the funds for it I need what I have to work.

Any help would be appreciated
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4

Joined: 18th Apr 2017

Ride: XC GXL

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Update:

I've been told a EbII efi engine loom will fit my engine and doesn't have a smart lock. so I can wire the loom and ecu straight to my ignition barrel without any problems (hopefully).

Now does anyone have a wiring diagram for a NC sportsman 6 cylinder and a XC gxl they would be able to copy for me? Google isn't any help in this case apparently
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Timken wrote:
Update:

I've been told a EbII efi engine loom will fit my engine and doesn't have a smart lock. so I can wire the loom and ecu straight to my ignition barrel without any problems (hopefully).

Now does anyone have a wiring diagram for a NC sportsman 6 cylinder and a XC gxl they would be able to copy for me? Google isn't any help in this case apparently



be carefull as to what EB loom you use. EB1 def no smartlock, early EB2 possibly didn't have smartlock but my EB2 'S' does. can help out with the NC wiring, but cannot help on the XC.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4

Joined: 18th Apr 2017

Ride: XC GXL

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

ebII up to 10/92 doesn't have smart lock from what I have seen and understand. is your nc a sportsman? I wouldn't think there would be any difference in the looms but just curious.
if you could send me a pic of the diagram that would be great
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Timken wrote:
ebII up to 10/92 doesn't have smart lock from what I have seen and understand. is your nc a sportsman? I wouldn't think there would be any difference in the looms but just curious.
if you could send me a pic of the diagram that would be great



don't have a NC .. the pic was a car at a local car park :mrgreen: & would be more than the 1 pic.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4

Joined: 18th Apr 2017

Ride: XC GXL

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Ah my bad! still learnig this site. my pics won't upload for some reason.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Nc Tickford 6 into Xc
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2707

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Timken wrote:
Ah my bad! still learnig this site. my pics won't upload for some reason.



when putting pics up via this site you are limited in size. most of us use a link from another site [i use photobucket but there are others around] so we don't have any probs. you will still have to limit the sizes coz if they are too big people will only see part of the pic [been there done that lol]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names