Fordmods Logo

What is an XB coupe worth?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: What is an XB coupe worth??
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Hi guys,
I have been tempted....guy last night offered me $15,000 for my coupe which seems like a lot to me and I'm genuinely tempted to sell.
It is a Dec `73 build XB (so it pre-dates all pollution ADR's and therefore could be fitted with Windsors etc)
It is fitted with a 250 2V motor, single rail 4 spd, runs lpg. Registered, body is straight, 15x7 globes etc.

What do you all think? is $15 K a good price?? Anyone else want it for that kind of money??

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

lets see a few pic's of it before telling you what i think its worth

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Sounds like good money, depends on the condition as said above. Really depends on how much you like the car, because you will probably regret it one day.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

15x7 Globes are getting extremely hard to get so them alone would be worth a small fortune depending on the condition of them.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:43 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Windsor in an xb..you really have no idea do you... :?

Coupes are worth $50 to $100000, all depends on how good it is, 15 k for a below average example would be ok money, if it is a nice rust free car would not even consider anything under $20K....mine is a xb coupe 351 4 speed 100% rust free lots of gt parts I would laugh at offers under $45K, and even at $45K it would not be for sale

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Do XB's really command that kind of money then? Just the coupes or sedans as well?

Suppose Mad Max has been etched into people's minds..

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

^^^more the coupe's... A mate of my brother's had to sell either his magnificently painted XA GT coupe shell or his XE esp to fund a business venture... sold the XA for $8000 (5 years ago) and as soon as he sold it, he knew he made a mistake... This shell was f**k sex!!!!!

this coupe might not be a GT, But try finding anything for sale at the moment without a massive price tag... body's are the hard part to get, actual car parts can be sourced anywhere!

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Yeh, I've been thinking long and hard over the weekend about the whole thing and i'm keeping it - I went for a very long drive Saturday and thought about what I'd actually spend the cash on, and its still not worth it - my kids then pleaded with me not to sell and that was the closer.

Now, I don't normally jump down people's throats, but i do take exception to the `windsor in an XB - you really have no idea' comment. Windsors are lighter for a start , there are EFI options as well as a zillion speed parts out there - why not consider a Windsor?? All my observation meant was that as an ADR26 build car I have the option of fitting a wider range of engines than an ADR 27A or later car. I don't appreciate being told I have no idea because I might not wan't to fit the engine that happened to come out in that car....I may very well go with a (pre-pollution) Cleveland but I'll make the choice of what I have in my car - I don't need people like this telling me what I should do with my car. I should really piss you off and stick a Chev or a Chrysler motor in there .... maybe a flathead to keep you happy? Enjoy your car, mate - don't tell me how to enjoy mine.

End of soapbox .

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]