Fordmods Logo

x series ute roof spoiler 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: x series ute roof spoiler
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XF ute

SA, Australia

gday just wondering if anyone knows where i can pick up an x series ute roof spoiler its sort of like a sun visor for the back window i think the xr's had them or something along those lines
Paul.

Post subject: Re: x series ute roof spoiler
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

i've found one on ebay but i'm pretty sure he wont post it :( this is what it looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0634508276

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

hi, that rear strip is a XH ute rear finisher strip fits on the back or the roof edge, earlier xd-xf had a square-ish finisher strip.
i was looking at putting an xh roof skin onto a xd ute project i had years ago, the roofs are a slightly different shape, xh being 20mm higher in the centre at the rear and slightly more rounded on the side edges where it joins the 'b' pillars.
maybe ring around the wreckers an see if you can find one, even a damaged one may be repairable/modifyable.
they are held on with nuts from the inside

you could even grab an xd-xf one and take it to your local fibreglass shop and get it modified to the shape you want in fibreglass, the original xd xe xf ones were made from pressure compressed fibreglass im pretty sure

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

ahh awesome i thought it was some rare as hell thing to find! lol i know where i can get one off an xh but i think i might just shape one myself i'll see how i go with the one i've got on saturday
Paul.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

XRfairmont67 wrote:
hi, that rear strip is a XH ute rear finisher strip fits on the back or the roof edge, earlier xd-xf had a square-ish finisher strip.
i was looking at putting an xh roof skin onto a xd ute project i had years ago, the roofs are a slightly different shape, xh being 20mm higher in the centre at the rear and slightly more rounded on the side edges where it joins the 'b' pillars.
maybe ring around the wreckers an see if you can find one, even a damaged one may be repairable/modifyable.
they are held on with nuts from the inside

There is a LOT of difference between the XD-G and XH roofs, the shape is totally different as you said, plus the back window is bigger in the XH's, as it is glued in.
The rear panel is only clipped on, not bolted on. I removed the roof lining and trim to get to the bolts, and there were none there. 8-)

If you want a roof spoiler, try a wagon rear spoiler from an XC wagon. Or try and find a pic of the XF Millenium utes that ford did for a while. It looked OK.

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]