Fordmods Logo

XC spoilers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: XC spoilers
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

gday to all,

I own a 77 XC sedan stock as with a 200 xflow and 3 on the tree manual, picked it up with about 87000 on the clock and rust free, with a few small scratches and a small dent for $4100, my first car was a 79 'xc and a half' rust bucket and ive owned 2 holdens [and a volvo] since then and i just couldnt help myself to buy another xc, i know very little bout cars and stuff and trying to learn as much as i can, what better way than on a old car that will run when you stuff the timing up :P

Slowly I want to do up the motor, with most probably work the 200 or work a 250 in there since I want to keep the column shift, but at the moment im trying to track down some cobra spoilers and the scoop, also some wheel flares [big mad max fan, originally i was gonna paint up the falcon as max's sedan, but i fell in love with the green paint and opted to just do some GS blackouts]

ive been told that superoo falcon spares in armadale [wa] sells repro spoilers but i was wondering would a front and rear spoiler from a cobra fit on a xc sedan, im thinking the front spoiler would but im not too sure about the rear one, it shouldnt be too much trouble to get a bit of fibreglass work on the rear.

failing that does anyone know of another rear spoiler in the style of the cobras or a place that sells them in WA or a place that sells wheel arch flares that would fit? If i cant find one that fits ill prob end up getting a mad max style roof spoiler as the latest street machine had a number for a place in SA,

thanks for any help anyone can give me and sorry bout the long a** post.

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

front spoiler will fit any XC, rear only fits XA-XC hardtops

Banned

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

thanks for that, just made deciding a lot easier :)

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: '66 XR and "83 XE

WA, Australia

I've found so far (in my hunt for old falcon bits) that Superoo has been the only Ford wreckers of any use. they tend to be a bit expensive, especially with things they know you'd have a hard time getting anywhere else...

There used to be a REALLY good place called "GT Fast Ford" who i think are also in Armadale (or maybe Kenwick) anyway, i think they're closed down now, but look em up anyway, cos they were always good.

WTH???

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

thanks,
yer they seem to be the best around, there was a place in balcatta aswell [i think] that i came across on the phone whilst ringing every wreckers i could find for a gs bonnet and a dash and they were a little cheaper than superoo [superoo is the only place that sells gs bonnets though, not many in good condition], pity i cant find the paper i wrote all the details on.

sometimes you gotta pay top dollar though and why not, itll be worth it in the end.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba Falcon

VIC, Australia

Gday guys
I was wondering if you might know of any places around melb to get spoilers/body kits for the sexc? I got one on the way and wouldnt mind making it look a bit mad max any suggestions?
cheers

If ya see me car smokin call the quitline..

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

Dunno about Melbourne, but Advanced Spoilers (I think thats the name) is Salisbury (Adelaide) has moulds for a Mad Max kit.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba Falcon

VIC, Australia

cheers mate i might ahve to give them a call

If ya see me car smokin call the quitline..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]