Fordmods Logo

XE shaved doorhandles 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Xe dude, its like Mwthew5772 said, you gota keep the buggers well adjusted and luricated. The door lock has to line up with the catch on the B-pilar, adjust the catch if not, if the door is sagging too much, put a couple of large thin washers between the hinge and door.

Cuz if the door lock is sitting hard on the latch the little flick it gives when it unlocks to open door, wont move the door, so the person tryign to get in will think the door is still locked so they pull harder on the door handle until snap.

cya
Rene.

Post subject: Re: XE shaved doorhandles
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XF Panelvan

WA, Australia

hey,
its not particularly easy because the door metal is thin and hasnt got any renforcement around the handels to hold the metal flat so itll warp realy easily. if you plenish the metal as ur welding itll help keep the distortion to a minimum etc, then you gotta put in body filler unless ur a gun at metal finishing... theres alot of buggerising about and is probly easyer to get a panel beater to do it.

also im pritty sure the window moulds are metal on the XD/XE/XFs so u could drill a hole in them and extend the exterior handle rod and thread them to atatch a similar knob to the interior door lock knob, and 2 open the door you just push it down which keeps it legal and less electrics to install there fore 1 less thing to go wrong haha

i have thought about puting BA/F handels on my XF pano and again its about the cuting and welding of the door skins, i havent measureed to see if they will fit yet but ill get around to it by the end off the week.
i was thinking to do either shaved or updated handles... probly buyin sum 2nd hand doors and trying both methods within the nxt few months and see wich works better and looks better. ill be sure to make a doc with pics for yall to read

Double legger stock EF fairmont. 15.46 1/4 mile

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2