Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: XH dash into XG wiring ideas
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XG Longreach

VIC, Australia

Hi all,
Fitted an EL 4.0L with BBM and EL XR6 ECU to my XG. To simplify the loom I am opting to use an EL loom the whole way through dash and engine bay adding in an XH dash. I am after a simple plug and play as much as possible so thinking I may be better off sourcing full loom for engine bay (both sides) plus the dash loom. I have the XH dash already, the ecu and a BCM from an EL (green). I also have the EL loom from the ecu to injectors and auto box.
The plugs from the XG dash and XH dash appear to differ considerably as well as the EL above mentioned ecu and injector loom, so that is why I want to rewire the XH dash with the EL loom and do both sides of the engine bay loom to end up with some kind of EL in XG body.
Am I on the right track? I figure the EL loom will be the better option compared to EF as I have a distributor.
Thanks, Ross

Post subject: Re: XH dash into XG wiring ideas
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Plankman wrote:
Hi all,
Fitted an EL 4.0L with BBM and EL XR6 ECU to my XG. To simplify the loom I am opting to use an EL loom the whole way through dash and engine bay adding in an XH dash. I am after a simple plug and play as much as possible so thinking I may be better off sourcing full loom for engine bay (both sides) plus the dash loom. I have the XH dash already, the ecu and a BCM from an EL (green). I also have the EL loom from the ecu to injectors and auto box.
The plugs from the XG dash and XH dash appear to differ considerably as well as the EL above mentioned ecu and injector loom, so that is why I want to rewire the XH dash with the EL loom and do both sides of the engine bay loom to end up with some kind of EL in XG body.
Am I on the right track? I figure the EL loom will be the better option compared to EF as I have a distributor.
Thanks, Ross

I think it would work if you have all the wiring,XH dash should fit well too as I believe XG and XH are essentially the same from the firewall back.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks JohnnyeHCF
Yep looking okay, I have a combination switch from an EL on the way now. The horn will be controlled by a press switch. I need to change the loom or modify it that is on the inside of the firewall next. Other than that I then need the loom from the driver’s side which I hope will follow the same path as the XG: relays, fusible links onto headlights and thermo fans. The passenger side loom I have joins the auto, fuel rail/injectors and dizzy, ending at the charcoal canister and aircon compressor.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Plankman wrote:
Thanks JohnnyeHCF
Yep looking okay, I have a combination switch from an EL on the way now. The horn will be controlled by a press switch. I need to change the loom or modify it that is on the inside of the firewall next. Other than that I then need the loom from the driver’s side which I hope will follow the same path as the XG: relays, fusible links onto headlights and thermo fans. The passenger side loom I have joins the auto, fuel rail/injectors and dizzy, ending at the charcoal canister and aircon compressor.

All through the models that you are using all run the wiring the same way relays etc are all very similar,ecu pins are the same size the only thing that may be a problem would be the smartlock system which is overcome with a J3 chip that is relatively cheap aswell.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks JohnnyeHCF, getting there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]