XH door glass question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: XH door glass question
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH Falcon, XH Tradesman

SA, Australia

Hi,
Long story short, I bought an XH ute that was a non runner at auction for the front panels. Got it home and found that it was in better condition than I had originally thought. Looks like it is a runner, so now I'm doing some tidy up jobs on it. It came with smashed door glass and I'm looking to put new glass in it. Bought some from a wrecker that's off a 95 falcon. I'm thinking that's probably from an XG even though I mentioned I had an XH at the time. Just wondering if the glass and the internals are the same on both models...
Regards, Nick

Post subject: Re: XH door glass question
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Job done. After cleaning out the broken glass and making sure the runners were clean the new glass panels slipped in easily. I only had one of the original plastic clips so had to improvise with the 3 other mounting points. I ended up using 1/2" bolts that were 3/4 of an inch long and made washers out of corflute for both sides of each mounting point on the glass window. Had to cut the heads of the bolts to half of their width and put them through from the outside to the inside of the door so that they would clear the anti intrusion bars. Did up the nuts finger tight and put a little bit of threadlocker on them to stop them from coming undone. Not exactly factory but I reckon it should do the trick...

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:33 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Yes, I wasn't sure if there would be different mounting points or not. Sometimes manufacturers change things for no particular reason. I have a series 1 and a series 2 CH Lancer - they both have different wheel stud patterns...
But the glass fitted perfectly and I was surprised how easy it was to get the windows into the doors.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]