Fordmods Logo

Xy gt cap suround mounting 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Xy gt cap suround mounting
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 66 XR FALCON UTE

NSW, Australia

Hello falconers. I am wanting to mount an xy gt fuel cap suround on my xr. I have mounted one before on a xy gs but have only just noticed that once i have got the suround ready to mount i have discovered the 4 lugs that will go through the 4 holes (to be drilled) that even though i have the corect layout to suit tbe curve in the rear gard there is a difference in hole centre. They are as follows. Two hole centres (left and right)for either top or bottom? are 89m and the opposite pair are 96mm? The left and right pairs are 81.5mm and 89mm? Sheeit! Does anyone know how to solve this ? Any experience or knowledge would be great!

Post subject: Re: Xy gt cap suround mounting
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

crebe wrote:
Hello falconers. I am wanting to mount an xy gt fuel cap suround on my xr. I have mounted one before on a xy gs but have only just noticed that once i have got the suround ready to mount i have discovered the 4 lugs that will go through the 4 holes (to be drilled) that even though i have the corect layout to suit tbe curve in the rear gard there is a difference in hole centre. They are as follows. Two hole centres (left and right)for either top or bottom? are 89m and the opposite pair are 96mm? The left and right pairs are 81.5mm and 89mm? Sheeit! Does anyone know how to solve this ? Any experience or knowledge would be great!tiny fishing

I get the same problem.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]