Fordmods Logo

'03 BA Falcon OEM Towing Wiring Questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: '03 BA Falcon OEM Towing Wiring Questions
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hope someone can assist.

I am trying to help a friend get his Falcon set up for towing a Van that he has ordered. He has an Auto 6 without reversing Sensors and has the Ford OEM heavy duty towing pack fitted. He is going to fit an Electric Brake controller (Prodigy) and we have been told that the standard Ford wiring already brings the brake wire (blue) from the 12pin socket to the dash area to a purpose built brake controller plug with power, earth, brake switch and brake wire already available in that plug. Before we pulled the car apart to find this I thought I would ask if anyone has any knowledge or documentation on the standard Ford wiring.

In addition to info on the tow brake wire set up I am interested in the routing and source of the "power" wire (pin9) that is connected to the 12pin socket as this is permanently powered even when the ignition is off but he cannot find a fuse that is marked that it feeds the socket.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:05 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

look just below the RHR tailight behind the trimming and you will find where the main trailer loom connects to the vehicle loom

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Sorry, should have been more specific. I realised where the trailer loom connected, my questions relate to where do the brake and power wires in the main vehicle loom go. That is where do Ford take the blue brake and pink power wires.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]