Fordmods Logo

3" Intake + 3.5" Pod HELP! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 3" Intake + 3.5" Pod HELP!
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Futura

WA, Australia

Now before you guys start throwing links of previous Pod and Airbox threads at me, let me tell you that I have read them all and nothing covers anything similar to the setup I have atm.

ATM, I have a Di Fil 3" Stainless steel mandrel bent intake pipe with a 3.5" Inverted Pod on the end. It sucks heaps of air but currently I dont have any way of preventing it from sucking in hot air from the engine bay. I need some sort of way to box this in or stop it from taking in hot air WHILE still allowing it to breathe to its full potential.

Im totally open to suggestions but dont really want to put a scope in just yet. I really really dont like it sucking in hot air atm as Im sure all that hot air is just cancelling out the point of having a 3" intake with a 3.5" pod.

Thx boys.

EF Futura :: K&N 3.5" Intake :: Pacemaker Comp Extractors + Hi-Flow Cat :: 2.5 Lukey Cat Back ::

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

what i did on my au was i had a ba xr8 pod box just around the filter and 2 pipes leading out of it. one from the standard air intake, and one from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the pod box. it lookd good from the top but real budgy from the bottom. if you have time and play around you could really get a good system with a ba xr8/gt pod box

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

1) Re-install the airbox and snorkel ( try to get a AU XR8 or BA turbo snorkel).

2) Remove the 4 bolt airbox intake adaptor leaving 80mm hole. Now put the bolts back into the 4 tapered nuts.

3) Get a hold of a EL falcon 90 degree rubber bend pipe and push it up through the 80mm airbox lid hole by about 3-4 ribs. Attach that to your mandrel bent intake pipe with hose clamp.

4) Now I guess you have a alloy 3.5in-3in adaptor, so attach that to the end of the flexi pipe and attach the pod. Now lower the lid with pod into the airbox tray and seal the 5 clips.

5) All done, also it doesn't hurt if you cut a rectangular hole in the front of the airbox tray behind the headlight (like on turbo Ba's). Will suck in a little more cold air behind the headlight, especially because the pod your using has an inverted cone top and not a sealed flat top.

Cheers....

Cheers,...

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: falcon au ute

QLD, Australia

well this is what i just made up this arvo... seems to work fine
should do the job

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]