Fordmods Logo

Antenna removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Antenna removal
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Did this mod because i put a cover over my car of a night and putting the aerial up gets to be a right pain as well as bending the dam thing. After its done you will receive limited AM reception but fm wont be to bad but may not get the same range from the station. while doing this, periodicly check the radio to make sure it is still picking up reception.

first have a look at http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=69 to find how to get to the aerial is.

after you've removed the stuff in the way, push the areial all the way down and look under the guard. you'll see this
undo the two screews and take the bracket off, then grab the bottom of the areial and jiggle and pull till it comes down. Image

bend the bracket around and make it horizontal, but dont remove the tab that sticks out as this helps locate the bracket and put the mounting screew and earth wire back on. put it back in horizontaly and slowly extend and bend it to follow the contour of the guard.
it should extend to right behind the left blinker. then put the areial back in the bracket and put the screew back in to hold it. this is the hardest part as ford never intended the bracket to be bent like this so spanner access is limited.

at this point i should point out something really dum i didn't do which was take a photo. put the plastic liner back in as it was, it may be a bit hard to get the holes to line up now but pray and persiver.

pop the plastic plug out from on top of the guard and back fill the hole with gule, you can then paint it to your cars colour. Image

And its done! these are my favorite mods as they are quick, (took half an hour) and cheap, (NOTHING!) and so you know, el gt rims make an unusually comfertable set.

Cheers

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Post subject: Re: Antenna removal
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

VIC, Australia

Just had another look at your pics mate. I think that you maybe getting interferrance by the actually antenna (metal part) touching the body of the car. This is why there is that little plastic bit around the hole in the fender. Try putting something around the metal part where it is touching the body. i.e. rubber or something like that

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Post subject: Re: Antenna removal
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

gets FM fine generally. the signal drops out a little earlier, but not by much. dont listen to the radio that much anyway

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]