AU High-series (Ghia, Fairlane & LTD) Basic Window Pinouts 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: AU High-series (Ghia, Fairlane & LTD) Basic Window Pinouts
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Futura

TAS, Australia

Hi all,

I thought I would post this up in case it helps someone out at some point as I recently installed Ghia window controls and power rear windows into a Futura.

This info is very basic but it's enough to use a rough guide and get things working.

Drivers Master window switch pinouts:
______ _ ______
| 1 2 3 |_| 4 5 6 |
| 7 8 9 10 11 12 13|
------------

1. Front right up
2. Backlight?
3. Unknown (lock for rear windows?)
4. Blank
5. Front left up
6. Front left down
7. Rear right up
8. Rear right down
9. Ground
10. Positive to all windows
11. Backlight
12. Rear left down
13. Rear left up

I didn't have time to sort the backlight so I can't recall which pins they were, but I think they had smaller gauge wires.
I didn't get the lock for the rear windows working either, but I assume pin 2 has some function that relates to it.

Also here's the pinout numbering which is printed on the PCB (from an AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia, in case they changes at some point):

______ _ ______
| 6 5 4 |_| 3 2 1 |
| 13 12 11 10 9 8 7|
------------

If you already have power windows in the front, you'll only need to change the plugs over, you can use the existing wiring. I think it was the two black wires you can leave out from both front windows.

If you're doing a power windows conversion on the rear you'll need to run the following wires for them:

Left rear
Positive (pin 9)
Ground down (pin 12)
Ground up (pin 13)

Right rear
Positive (pin 9)
Ground down (pin 8)
Ground up (pin 7)

If I remember correctly the wire colours for the rear window switches are:
Black (positive)
Yellow (ground up/down)
Both the ground up/down wires are yellow but have a different colour stripe, I think one was yellow w/ red, for example but it's easy enough to figure out which is which.

Obviously you'll need to run those wires to the drivers door switch (to the pins marked next to each one). You can just run one wire from the drivers door for the positive for both rear windows (pin 9) and splice the other window from it where ever you need to which makes it a bit easier when pulling the wires through to the drivers door.

A couple of basic things which may help save some time:

* Make sure you wire up the plug that goes to the window motor the correct way, otherwise the direction will be reversed on the switches

* The window switches for both the rears and the front passenger need to be plugged in for the master (drivers) to work. So if you want to move the rear passenger window to test from the drivers control the rear passenger switch needs to be plugged in

I didn't write down the pinouts/wire colours for the 'edge' window switches, but you can use a multimeter to check the pinout functions of the low-series and high-series window switches.
Maybe someone else with an AU can provide the pinouts and wire colours for the switches?

Hopefully there's a bit of decent info there...

DCII LTD V8 - leather - low k's
1978 XC '1/2' 500 project 302C
BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]