Fordmods Logo

ba/bf amp install 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ba/bf amp install
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 9 images

NSW, Australia

ok not sure if this has been posted before (i couldnt find one on this forum) but any way..

i decided i wanted an amp in my ba as i have the sh#ty type of cd player from stock (single disk)
I did not want to put an aftermarket cd player in because i like my steering wheel buttons so i worked with what i got.

first i bought new speakers (i think they are 6.25) in size in the front i went with 2way speakers (alpine) and in the back i ran (6.25 alpine splits).

second i already had an alpine amp sitting round so all i had to do was buy a wiring kit.

now it took me 2 hours i didnt know what i was doing.. but i started with the wiring kit over the right hand side kick pannel towards the firewall you will see an opening that goes to the engine bay i ran my positive + through there.
then to the rear of the car under the carpet along with the remote wire.

i then connected the remote wire to the blue/white wire on the power source socket (cigarete lighter socket)

for my negitive - i drilled a self tapper screw in the boot.

now for the pain in the RECTUM the RCA leads i did a dodgie on this one could not find a converter anywhere.

i got my rca's. cut off the RED and WHITE plugs you need to cut at least 15cm from the plugs once you have done this you will see TWO wires inside the one rca cable.

now strip the rubber coating off the RCA cable take the outside wire and make that your negitive - on your speaker wire from your headdeck and the inside wire your positive + MAKE sure these wires dont touch at any stage.

What you want to end up with is your left and right speaker output will no longer attach to your speakers this will now plug in to the RCA jack on your AMP.

as for wiring your speakers just do that as you would in any car.

I just completed this and now my sound system sounds better than i thought it would plenty of bass no distortion all in all Great little project no problems you dont have to take the H/U out wich is a bonus....

if you would like more info dont be SHY just flick me an email/PM cheers...

GENEO

Post subject: Re: ba/bf amp install
Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 97 EL futura & BF XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

i had my amp installed by a pro but what they did they put a fusion high\low connector on the passengers side near the kick pannel i cant tell u what wires they connected it to but thats how mine was done when i get a chance ill try to take a few photo's for u so u will have a general idea in what to do

there is only 2 rules in driving go hard or go home

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BAxr6 mkII, BA xr6, EA Spac

VIC, Australia

it is a very nice write up you have thereonly missing pics because for me (i dont knwo about others) I like to have pics to look at to link with the words and what i am working with :)
if you dont have pics its still a pretty good write up

Homer- Everytime i try to learn somethign new it pushes out old information!
Like that time i learnt how to taste wine and forgot how to drive.

Marge- You didn't forget how to drive you where drunk!

Homer- And How!
Successful Trades: Private9

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ill try to post the pics up today for u

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

i hope this will help u the wires are under/behind the glovebox here are a few photo's sorry if they arnt very clear but hope it will give u some help

[img][IMG]http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab73/kovac_02/high%20low%20converter/th_P1010426.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab73/kovac_02/high%20low%20converter/th_P1010425.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab73/kovac_02/high%20low%20converter/th_P1010424.jpg[/img][/img]

from what i can see (couldnt see in the dark) in the photo's

RED = Blue/Pink stripe
Black/Red strip = Blue/black stripe
White = Pink/green stripe
black/white stripe = pink/black stripe
the plain black 1 isnt connected to anything

but the main prob i have is doing it this way you dont have the sub control (like the others) and by how much bass you set it on when u turn the sub off and listen to it without it the speakers are destorting and it wont be as load as having it connected to the aftermarket 1ns but i am happy with it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]