Fordmods Logo

Central Locking Actuator Replacement: Mass Confusion! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Central Locking Actuator Replacement: Mass Confusion!
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Hey crew,

For a couple of days now my factory door lock actuators on my EL have not been locking. Even when they do decide to lock, i can go back out to my car after a few hours and find that it has unlocked itself!! You can now probably imagine my frustration.

I am now turning to the actuator replacement documentation here on FordMods, but am having a great deal of difficulty understanding how to incorporate the aftermarket central locking kit i bought, to the factory locking system and BEM. I understand how to mount all the actuators, that's simple-as, but i'll be buggered if i can understand how to wire it all in to the factory wiring.

As was mentioned in the FM documentation, the factory actuator wiring can be used, but i'm going to bypass that and just use the kit wiring that has been supplied and run it right through the car.

Can anyone please help a desperate fellow FordModder by explaining in simple terms on how to complete this conversion?

Post subject: Re: Central Locking Actuator Replacement: Mass Confusion!
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
As was mentioned in the FM documentation, the factory actuator wiring can be used, but i'm going to bypass that and just use the kit wiring that has been supplied and run it right through the car.
Can anyone please help a desperate fellow FordModder by explaining in simple terms on how to complete this conversion?
I think after wiring the first door, you may decide you took the harder option.

Here's some reading:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22374
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39233

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

:oops:

Snap, you were going to be the next person i asked about this haha, but after reading those threads.....i still don't understand how, or which wires are needed to be spliced/cut or if i run the kit wiring to all the doors etc etc. Yes, yes, i heard everyone sigh and groan! :roll: Haha.

If i supply a diagram of the actuator kit, would you or anyone be able to edit it to show me which wires to splice/cut and join?

I have no trouble wiring in an LTD instrument cluster and taking half the car apart to wire in door sensors plus wiring in a whle stereo system, but this actuator conversion has got me baffled! It really must be simple if i don't understand it haha :oops:

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Cut the door lock/unlock wires, from memory, brown and white go to the wires going TO the bem, and blue and green go to the wires going AWAY from the bem. then u just have to run the extra wire for the master door.....

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Okay. this is what i came up with. Does this look correct? The actuator pictured is the drivers side front.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Please guys, i would be very appreciative for any help that you can give me.

I can't leave my car anywhere because i can't get the bastard thing to lock! :evil: I almost put my foot through the front door in anger trying to get it to work.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Pretty please? :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]