DIY Handsfree Phone cradle, Full Audio Transfer Integration 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: DIY Handsfree Phone cradle, Full Audio Transfer Integration
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

COMMING SOON! :P

I have an incomplete rough draft of the whole project, based around the Nokia 6230 phone, i'd like a moderator or two to take a lookie first before I post.

Might be a bit much for a mod as it takes so long to do.

So far I have the schematic 99% done, and all of the pinouts for all connectors.

Any technical moderators interested?

Cheers!

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

Oh yeah, and the thing is not in the car as yet, but i've bench tested it with the phone and the PDA, all works great. I'm just unhappy with the amplifier, so i'm trying another one out.

EF II Sedan

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

Sure am ... pm me when you're ready and I'll have a look over it !! :)

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Liberty MY04 4GEN Luxury

VIC, Australia

Sounds awesome, I'd love something like this.

www.lukehimself.net

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA2 XR6T

NSW, Australia

i wouldnt mind taking a look over it for you either.

I used to install car kits for a living !

BOOSTED

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

im an elec engineer but not a mod :( ill look ne way tho

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:29 am 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

no worries, been a bit busy lately with other things and haven't had a chance to finish anything properly.

Also resolving the problem of having a common ground with speakers - gonna have to add another relay to separate them. Relays are so damn bulky, but at least you can see whats going on.

EF II Sedan

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 am 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

here it is... finally. First draft. Suggestions or bugs?

Mobile Phone / PDA / Stereo Audio Switcher.

Finished product

Circuit Operation.

Larger version, click: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~purplex/images/schematic.jpg

(For those of you who are interested)

Note: Relays 1 and 7 are wired in parallel, and activate at the same time. This was to create a single 6 pole relay. This was a "bugfix" to allow stereos with separate speaker grounds to work with amplifier circuits that DO have a common speaker ground.

When first powered up, all relays are in their relaxed state. Looking at RLYs 1 & 2, this enables the speakers to be connected to the Phone audio outputs, Left and Right. The negatives of both speakers will also be connected to ground. The circuit will always power up connected to the Phone, unless 12V is applied to Pin 10 of the POWER plug at startup (Car stereo power antenna 12V+). Even though the radio will supply this continually while it is switched on, the 470uF capacitor turns this into a single momentary pulse while it is being charged through the coil of RLY 3.

The 2.4K resistor is low enough in resistance to discharge the capacitor after positive is removed from the capacitor (Power antenna voltage is removed after stereo switch off), but high enough to prevent RLY 3's coil from pulling in the relay, which would prevent manual operation.

When all relays are in the relaxed state (Phone selected), pressing the STEREO SELECT Button will energize RLY 3 which does 2 things: Firstly, it applies 12V+ to RLY 1+7's coils (Both relays coils are wired in parallel to act as a single 6 pole relay), which pulls it in and latches it on, due to its own coil being supplied 12V+ through one of the Normally open contacts and a common. Secondly, RLY 3 also momentarily removes the negative supply from RLY 2, so that if it were already energized, it will now switch off. An LED will also illuminate indicating the current function, STEREO SELECTED.

Pressing the GPS SELECT button will do pretty much the same thing. It supplies 12V+ to RLY 2's coil, latches it on, and also removes negative from RLY 1+7's coil to turn it off if it was previously on. An LED will also light up now, indicating GPS SELECTED.

To go back to Phone operation, the PHONE SELECT button can be pressed. This removes negative from both RLY 1+7 and RLY 2, making them relax again. The PHONE SELECTED LED will illuminate to show this.

The last relay, RLY 6 allows a single button to both answer the phone, and select it as the active audio channel. On my Nokia HDS-3 Headset (Bud earphones), there was a remote answer and voice dial button. That button is now wired to the control unit to RLY 6, so that when it is energized, it both a) activates the answer button for you, and b) selects the phone as audio source with RLY 5 (Same as pressing SELECT PHONE button.

This document is incomplete .............................................. EBGizmo of Fordmods.com

EF II Sedan

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:54 am 
Technical Contributor

QLD, Australia

note: will be adding pics of the controller panel shortly. camera batteries went flat :)

EF II Sedan

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]